Honda D Series Forum banner

Yo

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  98givicex 
#1 ·
I thought I had an account here, but apparently not. I've been working on Hondas off and on for about a decade now. I autocrossed a few, won a rally championship in an ITR, and had a street ITR for a while (until it was stolen). Now I'm pretty lame. I have a Sierra and a Cherokee CRD at home. I don't race and I'm going to become an auditor soon (probably mixed IT and accounting auditing - exciting!).

Since I'm going to be interning and driving all over the state next year, I went out this weekend and bought a Civic EX with a bad motor for a fuel mileage project. I'm planning on going with a D15B 3-stage mated with the EG CX/VX trans, and making an ECU adapter that will allow me to swap in my D16Y8 ECU when emissions time rolls around. There's a good chance I'll say "screw it" and look for a D16Y5 and HX harness to make it simpler.

Weirdest thing I've found to date in a used car: receipt for an STD test. At least the guy got tested...

#2 ·
PICS, welcome, PICS, or lies, PICS, welcome, PICS

lol I have had a lot of coffee.

Reactions: eddcartes
#3 ·
Hmm...well, I don't have any pictures of my EK. It's nothing to write home about: coupe, red, one primer black fender, crinkles by the fuel door, atrocious cheapy HIDs. It had what appeared to be an imitation ITR lip spoiler on it, too, but that was ripped off when we pushed it onto the tow dolly.

I do have one picture to corroborate my story, though.

I'm the dude on the left (co-driver). Check out those sweet, not fire retardant Adidas I was rocking 10 years ago. Good times.

Attachments

#4 ·
lol, that is a rad pic, I love grassroots rally, we try and get to the Olympus and Oregon Trail Rally here in the NW every year. What class were you running?

We are pic whores here hence my first post. Even if you arent a liar we will call you one just to get you to post pics, we are that whory.

#6 ·
lol, that is a rad pic, I love grassroots rally, we try and get to the Olympus and Oregon Trail Rally here in the NW every year. What class were you running?
That was from the 2004 SCCA ClubRally event in Paris, TX. We ran Production then. If memory serves me, we were 4th overall in the first rally (of two at that event) despite being the slowest class. I'm not sure what Dave runs now, but I know he has changed cars a few times. The last time I raced in Texas (24hrs of Lemons), he had an Evo 6, which was the first time I had seen one stateside.

We are pic whores here hence my first post. Even if you arent a liar we will call you one just to get you to post pics, we are that whory.
No worries. If I end up doing this D15B project, I'm sure I'll be demanding my fair share of pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.