new here, - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default new here,

sup guys, so im pretty new to forums in general. any help along the way would be awesome. I drive a gli jetta but I have a 94 dx civic that im trying to get up and running. when I got it it wasn't running, so I wanted tot do a basic overhaul on it. originally it had a d15b7 but ive managed to get my hands on a d16y7. yay me. so im not sure if its gonna be a smooth swap or if its gonna be more complicated than I want it to be. so far its been about a year since the car has been in my yard and I feel terrible for the poor guy so I gotta get him running and in shape. once again all help and advice would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
dxguy95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Those headers break often, might wanna look after market. I know the y7 is from a newer model might need the ecu and some harness work if you haven't already thought of that. Post up some pics, read the rules. Searching will yield you much. Welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 chubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxguy95 View Post
sup guys, so im pretty new to forums in general. any help along the way would be awesome. I drive a gli jetta but I have a 94 dx civic that im trying to get up and running. when I got it it wasn't running, so I wanted tot do a basic overhaul on it. originally it had a d15b7 but ive managed to get my hands on a d16y7. yay me. so im not sure if its gonna be a smooth swap or if its gonna be more complicated than I want it to be. so far its been about a year since the car has been in my yard and I feel terrible for the poor guy so I gotta get him running and in shape. once again all help and advice would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
you can use the d15 intake manifold and and exhaust manifold and run the d16 dizzy but rewire it with the plug from the d15 dizzy and you are good to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
i believe some people said the earth is flat. That did not make it true.
chubz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

welcome and post some pics! any plans after you get her running?
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

hey guys thanks for the help, im going to try it out tomorrow and see how it will go
Old 12-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

after i get it running im actually not sure. i know of someone thats interested in buying it by we'll see if im ready to part with it.
if anything do you guys know if a turbo on an automatic is tragedy waiting to happen? my gli jetta has a sic little turbo on it and its auto, maybe i could do the same with the dx. lemme know what you think?
Old 12-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxguy95 View Post
after i get it running im actually not sure. i know of someone thats interested in buying it by we'll see if im ready to part with it.
if anything do you guys know if a turbo on an automatic is tragedy waiting to happen? my gli jetta has a sic little turbo on it and its auto, maybe i could do the same with the dx. lemme know what you think?
your jetta's trans was probably designed to hold the extra HP/TQ that the tiny turbo was going to add.

Honda trans where not designed for turbo use when it was designed.

While you could do it its not advise.

However, besides some issues as far as holding it in a certain gear while tuning, Mr Bone (tranzex) I think mention somethihng a long time ago what could be done to help extend the life (by just a bit) of a autotragic. I may be mistaken however
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

Last edited by 2drz6; 12-17-2014 at 12:19 PM.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

so if the exhaust manifold is pretty rusty is it still usable??
Old 12-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

so perhaps i should look for a stronger tranny. or maybe consider the dreaded auto to manual swap. fabrications are complicated so ive heard
Old 12-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Everything will need to be switched to obd1 along with motor mounts and t bracket from your car
SELF MADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in