Hello Everyone New To Forums - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hello Everyone New To Forums

Hi , I used to have a 95 integra ( b16a2 ) after a few issues i had to part with her , she was pretty loaded from suspension to engine mods but also gutted . Pretty much a track beater car but still taken care of.
I have just bought a 94 EJ2 DX , for lets just say under a grand. The only problem with the car ( that i know of ) is that it needs a Front Seal ( owner said it was a crank seal but not sure ) so the car doesnt run at the moment but body and interior is pretty solid and it is bonestock except for some knockoff Rota's which look reasonably nice. I will try my very best to make do with this engine ( see if i could get it to run ) to make it a nice commuter to school until a b-swap/or maybe rebuild and turbo? and just take car of little things it needs as I go. So enough talk i hope that d-series forum is just as nice as other honda forums and hope you guys can help me along the way to restore this car to its glorious days. Thanks and wish you all the best.
WhamboBagginz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Hey what's up man. Welcome to our forum. If you're apart of other honda forums, you'll fall right in place here. Hopefully with no drama lol.

But enough about that. Post pictures of your civic. Do you have pics of your old integra? Post those too why not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

okey here u go!

The old teggy :/ ( Krystal )

New project EJ2 ( Ronda )

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...a275fead8a1308

Sorry not very good pics since it doesnt run and it's in a tight garage lifted..

Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Well i tried but it said an OP was suppose to approve it guess it didnt pass :P
Old 09-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Slight damage above tire on the fender and on the right side of the tire under the side molding and thats pretty much the only flaw other than the clear fading on the roof.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Now for my old love

Ugly but stock GSR wing painted a different color, removed it after i got her.

Originally was a GSR ( body and engine ) but the owner said he cracked the block and slapped in a B16a from a 99 si.

This car still had the GSR transmission but ran 14.97 at 3000 feet with full bolt ons and tune. 173 whp .

Last edited by WhamboBagginz; 09-22-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Does the civic have a motor? Looks like its high in front in the first pic.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Holy front ground clearance on the civic. You couldn't just keep the integra for a motor swap, just put the d-series motor back in the integra and sell it.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Hahaha, the car is on jack stands. The integra was sold way back about a year ago. The civic has the stock dx motor d15b7 but has a crank seal issue. I was trying to see if i could remove the driver side motor mount and lower the engine enough to get to the seal. Not sure if itll work out U guys have any suggestions has anyone ever done this and have some good tips for me? Im not very experienced with this kind of stuff
stuff. To be honest im only confident on simple stuff. bolt ons, suspension, brakes.. Ive never done a swap or fix anything complicated.

Last edited by WhamboBagginz; 09-23-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Loosen, pull the bolt from the rear mount as well. Should lower enough, might have to loosen up some steering bits.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

It should be rather easy to get to especially if you are lowering the motor some. You will have to remove both timing covers and the belt of course.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 09-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks guys , ill attempt possible fix today and see how it goes. Oh and the bottom timing cover was off so was the AC belt. I really hope it's just that and the whole motor isn't completely junk. Oh well i guess that makes it the time for my first swap

Last edited by WhamboBagginz; 09-23-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

So , turns out it's not the seal after all , i started up the motor and it barely runs and smokes ... Friend predicted rod(s) were bent. So what do you guys think , i allready have another daily driver for school . Me and a friend from school are thinking about pulling the motor out and we have a few options. Completely a different engine... ( has to be d series ) i really want to go turbo. Or should we rebuild the block and swap in a vtec head ? We'r going to do a mild rebuild for sure on whatever we get. ( my next class in school is engine rebuilding so instructors are going to help me out plus my friend has done a few swaps and rebuilds on b series. ) So i got a about a grand to start off ( why b series is outta the question. ) And around 300-400 a month to burn on my project. My goal is about 250 - 300 whp reliably . I want to track the car ( mostly autocross/track days maybe drags once in a while for funsies ). So practically
1/ keep whole setup and rebuild
2/ keep block different head
3/ complete swap

I heard the stock tranny has very long gears so that probably gotta go as well.
Thanks guys/.

Last edited by WhamboBagginz; 09-25-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Before we toss this motor to the curb, are there any indications that it isn't the motor? IE CEL on? Distributor way out of the normal range? Plugs ok? Never know could be a simple fix.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 08:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
Before we toss this motor to the curb, are there any indications that it isn't the motor? IE CEL on? Distributor way out of the normal range? Plugs ok? Never know could be a simple fix.
When we were trying to get to the crank seal we saw that the timing was off . We put it back right.We saw that one of the spark plugs were busted i replaced it and it busted it again. So we assumed either a rod was bent , or it spun a bearing or something... Engine smoking and the miserable rod/piston slap noise is actually what gave it up in the first place. Either way i allready said i dont have to toss the engine to the junker since i want 250-300 horses i practically have to build any motor i get so it might as well be this one? Btw the owner said that he got the head rebuilt not too long ago.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

If you want to play around in the turbo world then set yourself down a research a whole bunch. That is the easy part. Now figure out what you are willing to spend... then double it and make sure you can handle that! The first turbo motor is always going to be the most difficult.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 09-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Nevermind , going b16 swap . Found whole swap at a very good price but it's obd0 .

Last edited by WhamboBagginz; 09-26-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamboBagginz View Post
Nevermind , going b16 swap . Found whole swap at a very good price but it's obd0 .
Lol , change of plans once more ! Friend has a honed and built ZC Dohc longblock that he's gonna give me for $150!! Just needs rods and pistons but i wanted to build mine anyways so its gonna give me a great headstart . Either way ill start my build thread once i get everything going! Cya around!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

keep us updated! if you wanna boost do your research and dont cheap out on important things.
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in