need help. New to forum - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default need help. New to forum

I'm putting in a d16a with a z6 head in my 96 ex coupe. I need to know if the head since it's from a z6 block of it will slap right on to the d16a block or do I need to align both to tdc and how would I time it?
96ex_d16a_z6head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

most sohc d series engines are interchangable im almost certain that the z6 head will fit it will just need to be afixed with the right obd2 sensors just line the timing marks up with the factory specs before putting the timing belt on. you should not need to time it most of the adjustment is in the dizzy but if u get it a tooth or 2 off it will run but really crappy and u will not be able to fix this with the dizzy so be sure that the marks are perfect
civicwagon10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

i have a 95 right now and it had a d15b7 in it wich burned a valve and i had a obd0 d15b2 sitting around from my dpfi to mpfi conversion in my wagon so i popped that head on the b7 block and swapped senors and intake maniflod and i had no problems

Old 09-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

OK I have the obd2 a right note because the motor I had before was the z6 just the bottom end blew so I got a new engine and put my old head on it. I'm just about done with the swap. And I'm hoping it will run Good. Do you happen to know the whp for that engine build?
96ex_d16a_z6head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

yes your engine is obd2a and there bolth about the same hp realisticly stock with the d16a bottom end and the z6 top end ull probbaly be around 120 hp cause im pretty sure the d16a has arounf 115 and the z6 is around 130 should run fine as long as everything is hooked right and ur timing is good ull find out right away honda engines are pretty specific just make sure on that engine u dont mistake the tps sensor plug for the map senor plug cause they run right next to eachother if u get em backwards itll idle at wide open throttle
Old 09-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicwagon10 View Post
yes your engine is obd2a and there bolth about the same hp realisticly stock with the d16a bottom end and the z6 top end ull probbaly be around 120 hp cause im pretty sure the d16a has arounf 115 and the z6 is around 130 should run fine as long as everything is hooked right and ur timing is good ull find out right away honda engines are pretty specific just make sure on that engine u dont mistake the tps sensor plug for the map senor plug cause they run right next to eachother if u get em backwards itll idle at wide open throttle
BTW these numbers are generous and at the crank....
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

I suggest you simply buy a D16y8 replacement instead of messing around trying to Frankenstein something that's going to give you more of a headache than you already have son.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

welcome to the forum!
dcninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in