Retrofit HID's or buy hid housings? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Retrofit HID's or buy hid housings?

First off. my headlights are going to get me killed. I bought some cheapo housings off of ebay and bought some 9003 headlights. The projector reflector thing is pointing my beams almost directly at the ground. The only way i can see is to use my brights and that's still not competent.

I'm thinking if i spend my time splitting the casing of the housing i might as well do a HID conversion. Then i got to thinking about it and found a few sites for HID housings and bulbs in the 250 range. I have no problem doing fab work, just wondering if the aftermarket housings will be worth spending that money or should i just go ahead and do a retrofit HID kit.

What are the pros and cons of both?

I've read on a few sites not to use the carid housings and ebay housings as the HID's tend to blind oncoming traffic? Is there a better option out there that i can buy aftermarket housings?

I'm considering both options cause the housings and the retrofit kit are roughly in the same price range. thanks!
FORMULA51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

2 choices I would suggest

HID with retrofit kit or stick with halogens.

LED direct conversion kit and no need for projectors to be installed.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/produ...ent-names.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I bestow upon you the gift of light

The Retrofit Source Inc

Side not, have you tried aiming the things?
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead98 View Post
I bestow upon you the gift of light

The Retrofit Source Inc

Side not, have you tried aiming the things?

i'm a fucking idiot. I have not, and it didn't even cross my mind that they have adjustments. (i'm still trying to get used to working 70 hours a week) My mind was a bit foggy this morning.

I'll adjust htem this evening.

I do know for a fact that i want HID lighting in the near future, but haven't decided what type of bulb to use.

I'm used to buying cheap replacements cause in the rockcrawlin world you tend to smash shit up a lot.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

What i would like to have is the blue "angel eyes" on at all times and projectors that work with them in a dual beam. I like the look. I'm not even sure of my terminology is correct here TBH.

what i'm finding on the retrofit site is these Morimoto XB LED Angel Eyes - Accessories from The Retrofit Source Inc

but they only come in white and amber. Do you guys have any other recommendations to get the blue running lights? Or is this a retarded idea??
Old 09-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Blue is retarded, why get pulled over for something that is going to be built into your headlamp. The white looks good to me and LED white is alot more pure white than the typical incandescent bulb you see.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Blue is retarded, why get pulled over for something that is going to be built into your headlamp. The white looks good to me and LED white is alot more pure white than the typical incandescent bulb you see.

you got a point. thanks man.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

HID projector retrofit! Lighting is so much better than stock. The mini morimoto make the job very easy. The hardest part will be mounting the angel eyes. The ones from the retrofit source are super bright.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in