Engine build cost - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Engine build cost

Hey d series I have a quick noob? I plan on gettn this d16y7 block built I have vitara cast pistons and crower rods I have a micro polished crank. Are head studs almost everything to get it built my local builder would be interprep tuning I have to go down and talk to him about it I'm just curious how much it'll cost for him to build it Ik it varies but builders I'm really jus wondering I anyone has any info on your cost to get a engine built
93delsol93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Can you write that in English w/ punctuation?

I got lost trying to figure out what you posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

My bad I'm at work....I'm just trying to get input on how much engine builders cost to build a block....like I said I know it varies from builder to builder .... I'm going to be going to talk to the guy that's doing it...I just wantd to Maybe hear of cost that other people have paid... I pretty much have everything to do it..I plan on keeping stock sleeves..I have vitara cast pistons...crower rods...arp head studs....micro polished crank. Couple other things. I'm just curious what I can exspect. I know it varies

Old 09-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
Can you write that in English w/ punctuation?

I got lost trying to figure out what you posted.
Translation

Quote:
This message is hidden because 93delsol93 is on your ignore list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Why you guys always hating.. I dnt get it ... I'm sorry I don't eat sleep and breath Hondas. I'm just trying to ask a question
Old 09-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93delsol93 View Post
Why you guys always hating.. I dnt get it ... I'm sorry I don't eat sleep and breath Hondas. I'm just trying to ask a question
You are trying to ask a question you have already answered yourself, the cost of engine building varies from shop to shop also what you want done also will change the cost.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Oic I already have all the parts ...I just didn't know if it's a 2,000 dollar bill or more like a 10,000 I have no clue
Old 09-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Depends on the shop and if your doing any of it
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Nah I'm not doing any of it
Old 09-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt

People love to hate get used to it It's meant to bring you down usually. If your intentions are good just brush it off. To prevent further forum hate 1 good rule to follow is proof read before you post.

Heres my estimate:
count on 75-100 per hour labor. So I would guess a good 10 hours total. So at least $1000-$1500 labor plus parts plus tune for $500-$1000.

Do you want it to be reliable? That almost always costs more.

D16Z6

EJ255

Last edited by colelmt; 09-09-2014 at 07:44 PM.
colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

And what is the intended purpose of the build?

Track car?
Street Screamer?
Turbo build?

Im assuming your going to boost it with the piston choice.

You wont know what youll have to do until the breakdown. If the crank journals are in good shape, then you might not need a polishing.

Things like this shouldve been done first before starting this thread. That way you can narrow down what needs to be done and what fine for the build.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Do you know what your cr is going to be with that rod/piston combo?

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

^^
Nope
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 02:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Hey d series I have a quick noob? I plan on gettn this d16y7 block built I have vitara cast pistons and crower rods I have a micro polished crank. Are head studs almost everything to get it built my local builder would be interprep tuning I have to go down and talk to him about it I'm just curious how much it'll cost for him to build it Ik it varies but builders I'm really jus wondering I anyone has any info on your cost to get a engine built
Quote:
My bad I'm at work....I'm just trying to get input on how much engine builders cost to build a block....like I said I know it varies from builder to builder .... I'm going to be going to talk to the guy that's doing it...I just wantd to Maybe hear of cost that other people have paid... I pretty much have everything to do it..I plan on keeping stock sleeves..I have vitara cast pistons...crower rods...arp head studs....micro polished crank. Couple other things. I'm just curious what I can exspect. I know it varies
Quote:
Quote:
Oic I already have all the parts ...I just didn't know if it's a 2,000 dollar bill or more like a 10,000 I have no clue
Quote:
Nah I'm not doing any of it

Contact GO-AUTOWORKS he has built many D series engine and offers prebuilt blocks
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 04:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 SpoonSedan is hot as a volcanoSpoonSedan is hot as a volcano
SpoonSedan is hot as a volcanoSpoonSedan is hot as a volcanoSpoonSedan is hot as a volcanoSpoonSedan is hot as a volcanoSpoonSedan is hot as a volcanoSpoonSedan is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SpoonSedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
Contact GO-AUTOWORKS he has built many D series engine and offers prebuilt blocks
But he has all the parts doe..

New to D-series? Click

Quote:
Fuck cali.

No offense. That state is a pimple on the ass of America.
SpoonSedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Idk heard you get low compression with vitaras....like 8.5:1 or somthing that seems real low....and my bad I have crower rods ....I have a turbonetics t3t4 turbo

I'm not really looking for a lot if hp maybe the low 300s .... My head is completely stock...I know I'll hav to get bigger injectors ...could I keep the head stock ??? I'm just looking for a reliable car. That I can cruise around in.. Won't be driven everyday
Old 09-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

The blocks allready broke down... Cylinders were honed ...I have a crank that's allready micro polished
Old 09-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

With that low of compression it will idle like shit and not build boost in two centuries. Get the head milled to raise the CR, you might be able to shave the block a little as well. You will need an adjustable cam gear and shorter timing belt.

Also the cost of someone else to build it will be all dependent on what you are doing, is he just building the block or the whole motor right down to the timing belt?

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Oh and 8.5 compression? Where did you get that number from, do you have custom length rods?

If no custom length rods or milling you will be at ~7.5:1 also known as uber suckness for CR

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Translation
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in