Quick noob ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Quick noob ?

Got a 93 delsol with a d16y7 all stock turbonetics t3t4 problem I'm having when I start it the exhaust manifold gets mad hot like instantly to the point where it starts smoking in like a minute after I start it the block and head don't seem to b getting hott but I'm afraid to keep it running due to not wanting to crack the manifold any input would b helpful I've redone the timing 2 times now still same response
93delsol93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

What manifold you running?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

To be honist I think it's a eBay nock off

Old 09-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Does it glow red or build boost at idle if so timings way off. But the exhaust manifold will get extremely hot. If its heat wrapped or youve touched it with your bare hands itll smoke for awhile
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Is it new or has it been ran before? The 2 eBay knock offs I ran did the exact same thing you're describing, nothing I did could remedy it. Others should be able to help more as I just swapped to a new manifold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 09-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

rich?
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Lol I'm pretty sure the timings dead on I wasn't sure bout the distributer timing but would it run if that is off? I dnt dare touch it it's MADD hott it's not glowing red tho but it'll start smoking crazy Ik the car needs tuned badly tho
Old 09-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

It's brand new mani and race junkie I was thinking the same thing could b running rich as fuck
Old 09-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

If it's not tuned I can bet you're running rich if it's a half decent base map, get her tuned. But the eBay mani is thin metal and tends to smoke from oils from hands

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 09-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I'm gunna sound stupid but what's a basemap lmao is that a ecu I'm mad new to these turbos Ik I have a p28 ecu can you tune with that? Or should I get somthing diff
Old 09-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

What ECU are you running? Tuning program? I'm worried for your car right now

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 09-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

It also idles weird as hell there's a video of the car on YouTube that the previous owner out on there if you got a minute and can listen to it I would appreciate it ... This was before I got new turbo waste gate and head

Old 09-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Hel yea I appreciate the concern it's jus a p28 ecu I dnt know much more then that
Old 09-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

I had to do research cause this dude had waste gate nd everything hookd up wrong
Old 09-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Please do not run the car till you know if you have a base map at minimum. Some will say you can idle it with stock ECU but to be safe please don't till you can say for sure you have a base map and are tunable

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
Old 09-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Ok thanks for the info I'm gunna take it to my local shop soon to c wat I actually need 2 more quick questions what do you hook the boost gauge to I'm not sure but it may be hooked up wrong when it's idling it's reading like negative 15 pounds nd wen I hit the throttle it won't even get to 0 ....... Second question is the waste gate is constantly blowing out of the waste gate port I'm not to sure but I dnt think that is normal
Old 09-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93delsol93 View Post
It's brand new mani and race junkie I was thinking the same thing could b running rich as fuck
I think you nailed it

most likely u could tune the problem away

15lbs of vacuum with boost? its not hooked up correctly it should be a lil higher at idle and then hit positive intake pressure under boost

Last edited by racejunke13; 09-07-2014 at 03:49 PM.
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks race junkie does the boost gauge hook up to a vacuum port on the intake or am I jus talking stupid
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

-15 at idle honestly is a little high. My car pulls about -20 at idle. Currently N/A but was still pulling 20 lbs of vacuum at idle when it was boosted. Something is screwy ... vacuum leak?

Are you blipping the throttle in neutral ... it's possible you wouldn't get to 0 on the gauge because you aren't putting any load on the engine. But seriously ... get a proper tune, have the ECU checked to see if it is chipped ... if it isn't get that done ASAP and get at least a base map on there.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in