Wiseco 10:1 and sleeved block - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Wiseco 10:1 and sleeved block

Has anyone ever seen a setup involving the following:
Y8 head delta 272-2
supertech springs/retainers
z6/y7/y8 sleeved block with wiseco 10:1 flat top pistons/eagle rods and boost on e85.
How would one go about finding the power this setup could make? Obviously other than when it blows..
95coupeD16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

You can guess, but good for 500 whp or more before the block splits apart.

375 whp with a crappy sized turbo on stock sleeves, Y5 block, stock cam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i thought we weren't going to have any more 'how much will my imaginary build make' threads

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 DontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to allDontGrabMeThere is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Nope never been done before.
DontGrabMeThere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D95coupeD16y8 is learning the way of the D

Not an imaginary build thread. Notify me if there was a similar build out there is all, because I personally haven't been able to find one. Thanks for your help any way.

Bone pretty much answered the question any how as of when the block would split.

Last edited by 95coupeD16y8; 09-06-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
You can guess, but good for 500 whp or more before the block splits apart.

375 whp with a crappy sized turbo on stock sleeves, Y5 block, stock cam.
I am still under the impression that the y8 block will not split as easy as the z6 block. The coolant drain is in a better, less stressful place, but also the bosses in the y8 are shorter than the z6, making them even farther from the drain plug. Eh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

What you say does make sense. Though I wish this thread wasn't moved to the noob section. Maybe we can still get a few decent conclusions though.

500 is just a number I would like to see, not out for a 1/4 et. 10s would be nice though

Right now my y7 block is being assembled with an a6 crank with vitara/eagle setup. Hoping to make 350 with it and the head as detailed in OP.

So would it be more beneficial to sleeve a y7/y8 block than a z6 block? Hmm
Old 09-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95coupeD16y8 View Post
What you say does make sense. Though I wish this thread wasn't moved to the noob section. Maybe we can still get a few decent conclusions though.

500 is just a number I would like to see, not out for a 1/4 et. 10s would be nice though

Right now my y7 block is being assembled with an a6 crank with vitara/eagle setup. Hoping to make 350 with it and the head as detailed in OP.

So would it be more beneficial to sleeve a y7/y8 block than a z6 block? Hmm
What head? Obd1?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Y8 I think. I have both, the z6 head already has the cam/springs/retainers in it. Not sure which to go with. Was thinking y8 for the quench.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost, compression, e85, high

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in