Winter beater - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else New Member Introductions

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 brundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Winter beater

Just looking for some opinions. I'm looking to buy a winter beater in the next couple weeks and wanted to know if you guys think this is worth $2500.

It's a 211k 1998 civic cx w/ d16y7 i/h/e, ls mesh wheels, h&r springs. Oh and it has a quarter size spot of rust on the hood an a crack in the front lower part of the bumper. The rear quarter needs a little color matching done since it recently had the quarter welded in for rust repair... But it's a winter beater so who cares right?

Last edited by brundell88; 09-03-2014 at 06:58 AM.
brundell88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 brundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropesbrundell88 is starting to learn the ropes

I wonder if the paint would match up if I buffed the rest of the car out to get rid of the fade?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Looking around out there, fair market value is around $1900 - $2400, with rust repairs and such its really up to you if the price is right. Make sure the running gear is good, bushings, brakes, etc, check wiring for hack jobs etc. If it looks good go for it, but negotiate, respectfully.

- Remember I/H/E, and springs don't add to the value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yeah I kinda wish it was completely stock. It's hard for me to judge what something's worth because I'm a car salesman lol. If I took that thing in on trade i'd give $500
Old 09-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah Id be hard pressed to pay that much for a civic ever again, unless its is perfect in on place, body, or drive train. I can fix one or the other but a total repair/hack job, nah, not for $2500.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

@ 200K miles I probably wouldn't pay more than a grand for it. But people seem to think their civics are made of gold. The market out here in the PNW is saturated with 150K+ mile civics in various states of (dis)repair that people want a mint for. I think the arguements are it get's decent MPG (somewhat harder to find these days), and it hasn't broken yet (so you know it's reliable) usually no mention of any wear parts being recently replaced.

Ultimately it's up to you if you want to pull the trigger on it, but at >200K there are most likely some bits that will need replacing.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Its just hard to find anything around here without a shit ton of rust. Weather it's a civic or any other vehicle. I refuse to drive a rust bucket around lol. We'll see how it pans out when the time comes to negotiate I guess.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

you're gonna let a GSR go for 1500 and buy that heap?

man, find a clean teg shell for a few hundred and swap everything over!
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Not really worth the price based on description
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
you're gonna let a GSR go for 1500 and buy that heap?

man, find a clean teg shell for a few hundred and swap everything over!
I hate rust... The teg has lots of it.

Anybody know of a car thats a better bang for the buck in the ny pa area?
Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I backed out on the hatch and found this for $1,000 bucks. Way nicer on the pocket! I'll be replacing those horrible wheels with steelies/hubcaps and the nastiest winter treads I can find.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I paid 1800 for my boosted sedan with almost no rust.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

That's whats up.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 98givicex is learning the way of the D98givicex is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundell88 View Post
I backed out on the hatch and found this for $1,000 bucks. Way nicer on the pocket! I'll be replacing those horrible wheels with steelies/hubcaps and the nastiest winter treads I can find.

looks way better better than the first one. post more pics! got any plans for it or just gonna keep it stock?
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe(Workhorse/beater)
98givicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

Looks good!!!
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Keepin it stock. Just threw my old steelies/hubcaps and old shocks from my black car on it. I need to find a window for it though asap. Having plexiglass and black duct tape is getting me wierd looks at stop lights.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Why plexiglass and black tape... Because racecar!

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Damn right.You really get that feeling of going fast when you're going 70 and you hear that duct tape catchin the wind!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

The best is when there is a little piece starting to peel back and it just flaps wildly in the hurricane force winds being applied to it. Has a good sound.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in