My SCCA Class - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SR20S13 is learning the way of the DSR20S13 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SR20S13
Default My SCCA Class

so heres what i've got planed for my civic

password JDM Intake
Apexi WS2 Exhast
Z6 Exhaust Manifold
A6 Camshaft
Y7 Cam Gear
(prob. won't be able to notice these at my local track)

my tires i plan to run for track days are a set of HX Wheels withe some Falken RT-615's

but with all stock suspension will i still be the in lowest stock class? or will i need to get a stock intake?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Prepared class, you'll get ran over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

with the change of the internals you will automatically get bumped up into prepared, and it is a possibility that they mau consider you to be in the modified class...internal modifications are VERY strict in the lower classes (street prepared and lower), you should put that money and effort into the suspension areas so you don't get your ass handed to you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 SR20S13 is learning the way of the DSR20S13 is learning the way of the D

its what i thought,
but my question is what should i do about my intake? i don't have the stock one anymore?
And i doubt that they would be able to tell i had a A6 camshaft since all i would have is stock honda parts
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

SCCA has the cam specs, the cam gear is a giveaway also.

Don't look at me, they asked for my info

Trying to get the IT chassis rule changed.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

If you use the A6 head and cam gear you can stay in Street Prepared under the update/backdate rule. If you start mixing and matching parts like that then you are stuck with modified because you have a kind of Frankenstein motor. Prepared classes only recognize certain motors with certain chassis and certain years. I would imagine with that exact combination you would end up in D Mod which is basically anything goes under 2.0 litres and the car has to weigh 1250 pounds if it is 2wd.

As an aside, the intake automatically takes you out of any "stock" class. At the bare minimum you would be Street Prepared. Some regions have a novice class where all the novices run together regardless of actual car class, you might want to look into that.

As was already stated, save your money on engine parts. Initially at least they won't help you a great deal. Spend your money on good tires (Falken Azenis like you said are great) and making sure that all of the basic maintenance things are taken care of. Finally spend money on a good set of shocks. Koni is the best for the money IMHO, and work your way down from there.

Last edited by autox7; 03-31-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added content
autox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

now that i reallyy think about it, i don't care if i win, its a 94 Civic 4-door, no race-car and i'm not trying for it to be, just be well faster then it is, and beat some crappy drivers in better cars
Old 03-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

with the 2008 rules, if you leave the engine stock, the bolt ons will only put you into the street touring catagory, this was created for people that had lightly modified cars (i,h,e bolt-ons) to be in the soloII and still be competitive, if you are really interested in what modifications put you where go out to the scca website and download the rules for soloII, this will give you all the information you need to know what can and cannot be modified for each class...also soloII is all about the suspension dynamics of the car and the ability of the driver, the engine doesn't do you much good until you get into the modified classes due to the fact that you'll never see speeds above 60mph...soloII is designed to be VERY driver intesive with safety in mind for the cars themselves (hence one at a time and timed runs)

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by autox7 View Post
If you use the A6 head and cam gear you can stay in Street Prepared under the update/backdate rule. If you start mixing and matching parts like that then you are stuck with modified because you have a kind of Frankenstein motor. Prepared classes only recognize certain motors with certain chassis and certain years. I would imagine with that exact combination you would end up in D Mod which is basically anything goes under 2.0 litres and the car has to weigh 1250 pounds if it is 2wd.
I think your wrong on the SP rules, for the update/backdate the cars have to be same class, same generation, and engine as a whole changed.

Z6 swap = SP
D15B7 w/A6 head = P

stupid, but that is the rules.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I stand corrected...When I read the rule book earlier I thought that it said you could swap the components (complete head) as an entire assembly.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I was told they meant the whole engine for SP class. Matter of fact it was explained that just swapping the tranny and nnot the motor might have been a no-no, but engine ANY tranny would have been fine.

Enter in OM or OSP and never worry about it.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I was told they meant the whole engine for SP class. Matter of fact it was explained that just swapping the tranny and nnot the motor might have been a no-no, but engine ANY tranny would have been fine.
this is what i was told as well a few years ago, don't know if this is still in effect

the money spent on your said mods could be spent on shocks and tires and would lower your lap times more
vincegoehn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yea but i'm not looking for a race car, this is my DD, if i was building a Auto-X monster it sure as hell wouldnt be my car haha
Old 04-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20S13 View Post
yea but i'm not looking for a race car, this is my DD, if i was building a Auto-X monster it sure as hell wouldnt be my car haha
regardless of it being your DD, you will care about classing once you see how PAX affects your points.

Pax will kick you in the ass.

did my first event this past weekend. I was running the slowest car there by far (not slowest time, just slowest car), and was pleasantly surprised when i moved up 6 spots after PAX.

There's a fellow here who did a RWD MR F22(Accord F22) swap into his 88 Accord Hatch. his fastest time was 6.4s faster than mine, but because his car is placed in E-Mod, he only ends up being .01s faster than my time.

Quote:
1988 Honda Accord Gold 50.531 0.907 45.832 93.281 -0.064 -6.719
1989 Nissan Sentra Red 56.932 0.805 45.848 93.246 -0.034 -6.754
skip the A6 cam. that's what's putting you in a prepared class.

without the A6 cam you can still use an aftermarket cam gear, and the intake manifold, and be in a Street Prepared category. you're still outclassed, but nowhere near as much as you are in a prepared category.
Project_Derp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in