Sad to see this forum so dead - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Sad to see this forum so dead

Hi all, long time lurker, just picked up an 89 Civic Si shell that I am probably going to do a slight STS build on. Have D.C. sports header and Intake, picking up a d16a6/tranny combo tomorrow. Looking at both the old standby koni race/go setup and Dave W's ew Bilstein setup. Has anyone used the latter on the national level?
boileralum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

I've got the Whitener racing shocks on both the SMF and EP car. Both cars went from a Koni/GC setup to David's shocks. I have nothing but good things to say about his shocks, and his customer support is top notch as well.
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Just when you thought a DNR was in place....

WWD, I thought about stopping in while I was in NH not long ago...but headed into VT towards home

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boileralum View Post
Hi all, long time lurker,
Thread title = "Sad to see this forum so dead" and you're a "long time lurker"?

Perhaps you're part of the problem then!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2017, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Haha, there have been some long gaps in my visits.

Went to look at a D16a6 engine & tranny today, engine was a POS that had had the headgasket replaced, but head not resurfaced, a whole can of copper gasket seal sprayed on, and still leaking from the front corner under the distributor. Didn't know what the supply had dried up so bad and that this was going to be such a chore and that a rebuild was going to be so likely.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Just when you thought a DNR was in place....

WWD, I thought about stopping in while I was in NH not long ago...but headed into VT towards home
I saw that you were coming up my way and was going to suggest you do that, but I happened to be in upstate NY that weekend.

Next time!
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWheelDrive View Post
I saw that you were coming up my way and was going to suggest you do that, but I happened to be in upstate NY that weekend.

Next time!
I wish to take the northern route during a summer trip. While I wanna make it out west, Pocono and the Glen are on this years schedule to visit, maybe even Lime Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

My theory is the guys using these cars for conpetition and events in general will be the long term guys. That's why I linger every so often.

I just need to start posting about my build. But I've always been shitty with that.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Finally starting to do a little on the car. Scored some 88-89 seat rails finally, so need to fab some seat mounting brackets (bought some cheap ebay seats for now, will probably be handing down the Corbeau Forza Sports from my Exocet this winter when I purchase lighter seats for it). Also have a whole pile of Poly Bushings, stainless brake lines, new OE clutch and flywheel, new brake master cylinder, new front pads and rotors and rear drums, shoes and cylinders, used AST rear sway and a set of Whitener Racing Bilsteins.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
My theory is the guys using these cars for conpetition and events in general will be the long term guys. That's why I linger every so often.

I just need to start posting about my build. But I've always been shitty with that.
yup to both of those.

lets see that exocet!
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in