first time HPDE day! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default first time HPDE day!

So a local performance shop by the name of Modern Automotive Performance, in my home state of MN, hosted an event called Proving Grounds. The event consists of Drift, Drag, Road Course and AutoX. Brainerd International Raceway is the track.
http://www.maperformance.com/proving-grounds/

After my first visit to proving grounds in 2012 as a spectator, I knew that I someday wanted to run the road course. After some ups and downs financially in 2013, I finally secured a great Job and was finally able to afford another car. now with budget in mind I figured what better then buying a hatch?

Well I picked up a 92 Civic Dx, I wanted to build this car to be fairly reliable, so I went the Cheap and Reliable route, Speed wasn't a priority. Mods are in Video Description..

Anyways here a video of my first track day EVER, so tips and criticism is much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXo1...t=HL1403588959

watch in HD

Last edited by Rsuave24; 06-23-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Rsuave24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Watched the first couple minutes, I strongly recommend breaking the habit of putting your thumbs inside the steering wheel, in the event something goes tits up and you hit something that whips the wheel around, it will break them and you will be a very unhappy guy with casts on both hands...also, you spend a lot of time with your hand on the shifter. Both hands on the wheel as often as possible.

Car seems healthy, sounds like you still have the stock DX tranny? The Si/EX tranny has closer 1-4 ratios, you don't get that power curve killing rpm drop when going from 2 to 3, something I look forward to doing to my own '94 DX is going to that transmission. The one really good substitute for power is gearing...that and weight reduction

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
Watched the first couple minutes, I strongly recommend breaking the habit of putting your thumbs inside the steering wheel, in the event something goes tits up and you hit something that whips the wheel around, it will break them and you will be a very unhappy guy with casts on both hands...also, you spend a lot of time with your hand on the shifter. Both hands on the wheel as often as possible.

Car seems healthy, sounds like you still have the stock DX tranny? The Si/EX tranny has closer 1-4 ratios, you don't get that power curve killing rpm drop when going from 2 to 3, something I look forward to doing to my own '94 DX is going to that transmission. The one really good substitute for power is gearing...that and weight reduction
I will keep that thumbs and hand placement in mind and will practice good form!

I drove the car 2 hours away to this track,
The car ran all day and remained bulletproof through all 6 of my 20 min sessions and got me back home, and also got me to work this morning! love it!!

that third gear drag was killing me... I will definitely also be looking into the ex transmission as well! but I may hold it off and get suspension first.. the body roll is outrageous, I three wheeled a couple of times.. other then that the car ran and handled pretty well, was a great first time experience. I am HOOKED!!

Thank you for the input!
Rsuave24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in