World Challenge TV - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Default World Challenge TV

I'm going to take you back to a simpler time, I had just gotten married it was fall of 06 and somehow we got an apartment that had cable paid through the next 6-8 months. At the time I wasn't really into F1, NASCAR bored me to death (still does), and Indy wasn't really on my radar but I knew I liked watching racing. One Sunday afternoon, I plopped down on the couch and flipped over to Speedvision to find a new form of racing. Speed World Challenge, stock chassis'd cars from various makes and models with high dollar sponsors duking it out on a road course IN AMERICA of all things.

I was obviously instantly hooked. I caught as many races as I could from then on out and the series started to grow, the K-Pax Vovlo and CTS-V's were starting to really destroy other teams. I loved it! Soon after that my cable died and I was a newly wed trying to finish college and make ends meet, so I never really jumped back on the cable bandwagon again.

Soon after that the series died out with the financial crash of 08. Car companies considered it wasteful to sink money into racing.

I heard recently that the series was making a comeback and today I found this article on Jalopnik.

That got me thinking, is there a website that streams the World Challenge Series? HOLY CRAP was I surprised. Apparently there's a site called World-ChallengeTV.com, that streams all the races live and have full recordings for all the previous races that anyone's missed offered in HD and the best part, 100% FREEEEEEEEEE!!!

Fantastic racing, fantastic series, and SICK cars. If you guys are in sort of the same place as me (want to watch racing but no time/no cable), this is something that's a MUST SEE!!!

CLIFFS: World Challenge Series = actual stock cars, awesome racing, click link it's FREE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!

Last edited by awebb; 04-18-2013 at 12:49 PM.
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 beachbum is learning the way of the Dbeachbum is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

This is awesome! Very good find! I looked at the schedule and it looks like the next race 04/19/2013, or in laymans terms: Tomorrow! I will definitely be watching.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I salute you, I didnt know this series made a comeback!!!!

1991 Civic Si 335,000 miles

The engine doesnt matter. Its small, it pulls, and when it makes noise I advance forward.
2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
2000redCIVICsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 95civic831 is learning the way of the D95civic831 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thank you for finding this!

Only racing show I've found was "are you faster than a redneck"...lol

95civic831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

I like this. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!! If ever required, you may request ONE kiss and/or hug from me. Juliah and I will be pressed up against the ipad all weekend because of this!!!!!!!!!!
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Did you all hear that DTM is making its way to US in 2014?

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2013/04/08...s-to-alms-gte/

Last edited by BLK92_D16; 04-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Did you all hear that DTM is making its way to US in 2014?

DTM Coming to US with United Sports Car Racing. What Happens to ALMS GTE? | BimmerFile

Now that will be EPIC!!!

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Wait, you gave up on K-Pax and other teams?

If not for my courier job I would be at Road Atlanta this weekend as a pit bitch, hopefully for Freedom Autosports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

^Life happened man, I was to wrapped up in finishing my last 2 semesters, getting my BS, finding a job, and dealing with being a newly wed.

I didn't have time for anything...

Have you checked
today?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

I'm <2hrs from Road ATL. Just wish I had not made previous promises to go somewhere else.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
I'm <2hrs from Road ATL. Just wish I had not made previous promises to go somewhere else.
I'd love to be that close, that might make going to the Mitty this year a possibility...

Have you checked
today?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

hmmm...i wonder what the requirement is for racing in this series?

epic find BTW, i was completely oblivious

, must spread rep

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

BAHHHH!!!! I talked about this on the recent F1 thread!!! Must have been overshadowed by the F1 talk. The Pirelli world challenge has been running at the same venues as the American Le Mans Series, Ive seen it the last three years at Laguna Seca raceway, and will be there again may 9th 10th 11th, to watch ALMS and Pirelli WC. If anybody is near by, Ill be at camp site 129L, come bye and say hello, big bald white guy with large goatee.

It is a blast to watch. Probably my favorite racing to watch because its so grass roots and hold my interest because of what they are racing.

BTW, i love the K-Pax volos, they are freaking sick. Also last year, I got to lift the hood off the CTS-V race teams back up car with the lead design engineer, It was quite an experience. All people involved with the event are super cool, and easy to talk to. Will have some pics come May 12th.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Last edited by CaliLegal; 04-19-2013 at 02:08 PM.
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I loved the WC series. Was it the same as the Koni Challenge series? I liked it as well.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
I loved the WC series. Was it the same as the Koni Challenge series? I liked it as well.
Pretty sure that was a different series

Have you checked
today?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Unsure. I do know pirelli picked it up 2 years ago, so this will be their third season, and they have contracted for two more years, so Im pumped.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I guess I worded that wrong in retrospect. I meant did they travel to the tracks at the same time. I remember Pirelli picking up the KC series but haven't had any way to watch it since then honestly.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in