Bench racing FTL! but... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bench racing FTL! but...

So I know what the manual Dohc zc is capable of but I am curious to see how far behind my automatic swapped 92 Hatch would be. Do you think it would be possible to hit a low 16 in the 1/4? Out of curiousity I will be taking it to the track next year. I only have the typical mods, i/h/e and the p06 is being chipped to the stock p29 map.

Previous owner swapped in a a24a transmission, not sure how this transmission compares to the stock m24a. I just hear it is a piece of crap compared to the m24a that belongs in the car.

It isn't in the car yet but I hope it will be finished soon because it is a daily driver. I don't really care what it will do at the track but I am moreso curious. Aren't we all? It is hard to come by someone that has a dohc zc but kept it manual.

I seem like a big noob but I am not. I am going to research what a automatic d16z6 nets and compare it to that.

Hopefully I can get some real results. That will be next year though
EG.Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

my bone stock 2000 civic dx coupe. d16y7, 5 speed runs 17.1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
built single cam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah, I had my friends manual y8 get 16.9 @ like 80. He had some 17's on it. Guess I will just wait and see.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG.Hatch View Post
It is hard to come by someone that has a dohc zc but kept it manual.
I have a DOHC ZC with a ZC 5spd and believe me it's staying 5spd. I haven't heard of anyone running an auto-ZC.

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Well, I am, just swapped it in today. Hasn't run yet but will tomorrow. Car came as an automatic and it is staying that way. It is going to be my sisters car soon. I have a Cobalt that I tinker around with. That car should be hitting 11's next year. Hopefully at St.Thomas Dragway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in