share ur specs? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default share ur specs?

Hello, I have a delsol that I Auto-x on the weekends and is Not my daily driver. I just can't seem to get my setup to work for me. Would any of you guys that Auto-x be willing to share some of ur alignment specs and spring rates that have worked well for u? Thanks for any in put!

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Here ya go:
90 CRX Si, in SMF but essentially STS
450lb F/550lb R spring rates
Koni Yellows, half a turn from full soft front/half turn from full stiff rear
No front bar when open diff, now HF front sway bar: Car feels more stable with the bar either way though
ST 22mm rear sway on full stiff
I do have F/R strut tower bracing but can't say it makes a diff, just came with the car.

This setup worked exceptionally well on street tires when I ran my Dunlop Star Specs. Once I went to the Toyo R888's the car felt better with the front sway bar. I also always ran zero toe with those, and whatever camber came from lowering, which usually was ~3* front, 2.4* rear.

Last event, I went to Hankook Z214 autox compound and toe out in the rear and it is very loose handling. Probably faster that way, but it's harder to keep a hold of.

I'm no expert like some of the guys on here, I'm still learning as this is my second full season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

i run a little bit of toe out in the front my self i think it help the car rotate a little bit better. i'm also running a del sol rear sway on an ej sedan, i would up your rear sway bar size and it should also help quite a bit

so i'm runninng the same camber specs as ^ exotic
1/16-1/8 toe out in the front
1/16 or so toe in in the back

i'm on ksport controls that i believe are 8k and 6k (f/r) i run full soft up front and full stiff in the back

i also have kept the factory front sway bar, i've only had an issue with it on one track with long high powered sweepers but i haven't had one since i like the way the car handles really there is notthing i would change at all maybe a little bigger rear sway but i don't think it will really help, stiffer springs is next tho, unless i can find a crx or a ed/ef si something i can really compete in because its the chaissis that is holding me back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Im getting to much over steer, and that tells me to soften the back. But my spring rates are 320 front, 190 rear. So maybe its too soft and its rolling?

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
Old 09-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

If you brake too late and begin to steer while the car is still unsettled it will want to rotate a lot more.

I run my dampers (tein flex) at 11 front 12 back out of a possible 16 stiffness settings.

Spring rates are 559/392

No sway bars front or back

15 inch work wheels wrapped in rt-615 azenis. The car likes to over-rotate if I do a bit too much trail braking. If I can have almost all of my braking done before I turn in then it behaves a lot better.

Last edited by 89s1; 09-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.
89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Probably just my shitty driving! Hehe!

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTB View Post
Im getting to much over steer, and that tells me to soften the back. But my spring rates are 320 front, 190 rear. So maybe its too soft and its rolling?
I think you may be braking too late. I have the same issue at times, I slam the brakes instead of squeezing them and also brake into the corner unloading the rear and sliding it. I would take an event and really focus on braking up to the corner, releasing before/during turn-in and throttling through. You can adjust your turn with the brakes, if you're pushing, a tap on them will load the front and unload the rear and help rotate the car through.

A friend autox'd his mostly stock del Sol on crappy tires and Raceland coilovers and he had no over steer issues (I feel the spring rates are close to what you run). With as soft a rear spring and no rear bar, you shouldn't have any issues when braking correctly.

Tires and pressure also play a role into how late you can brake and rotation. If your tires on the rear are worse, it will tend to oversteer, or if you have too much or too little pressure, it will as well. Chalk your tires, and if you're not sure how to read them have someone help you. A lot of performance tires actually have arrows of where you want it to roll too and can really be read without chalk, but it's a good visual aid. Correct pressure will depend on a lot of things, so it's a trial and error, but in general most softer sidewall tires like more pressure. For example my Star Specs were stiff side-walled and liked street level pressures, ~33 front, ~28 rear. My Toyo R888's (a road race tire) liked a lot more pressure, ~ 40 front, ~36 rear.

< Like us on FB
Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTB View Post
rear is way to soft

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
I think you may be braking too late. I have the same issue at times, I slam the brakes instead of squeezing them and also brake into the corner unloading the rear and sliding it. I would take an event and really focus on braking up to the corner, releasing before/during turn-in and throttling through. You can adjust your turn with the brakes, if you're pushing, a tap on them will load the front and unload the rear and help rotate the car through.

A friend autox'd his mostly stock del Sol on crappy tires and Raceland coilovers and he had no over steer issues (I feel the spring rates are close to what you run). With as soft a rear spring and no rear bar, you shouldn't have any issues when braking correctly.

Tires and pressure also play a role into how late you can brake and rotation. If your tires on the rear are worse, it will tend to oversteer, or if you have too much or too little pressure, it will as well. Chalk your tires, and if you're not sure how to read them have someone help you. A lot of performance tires actually have arrows of where you want it to roll too and can really be read without chalk, but it's a good visual aid. Correct pressure will depend on a lot of things, so it's a trial and error, but in general most softer sidewall tires like more pressure. For example my Star Specs were stiff side-walled and liked street level pressures, ~33 front, ~28 rear. My Toyo R888's (a road race tire) liked a lot more pressure, ~ 40 front, ~36 rear.
man i had such a hard time working on my braking i'm alot better now but its super tricky i think that's what lending to your oversteer more than anything, with no rear bar i couldn't get the car to oversteer unless i really really really tried.

i agree with checking your tire pressure, i run about 38 rear and 34 front seems to work very well with me. i donno if you said what tires your running but the rt-615k's are great tires i absolutely love mine

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

I'm using a 21mm front swaybar and a 19mm rear. With Falken Azenis RT615's 205/50R15.

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
Old 11-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

my old setup was in a 95 ex civic full body ac powersteering itr motor swap
koni yellows revalved, h&r race springs 550f 450r, tender springs, stock sway bar in front, 24mm rear sway bar, had konis adjusted 1 full turn from soft for front and 1.5 turn from full soft rear

i only autocrossed the car a few times but i canyon drove the car at high rates of speed plenty of times and i loved that setup

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 BackyardSlick is almost a somebodyBackyardSlick is almost a somebodyBackyardSlick is almost a somebodyBackyardSlick is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I do more HPDE then auto-x events, here is my setup:
Eibach sportline springs
Eibach Pro-Dampers
26mm Front swaybar
14mm Rear swaybar
falken ziex 912 tires 205/50/15
Toe settings unaware
Camber settings unaware
Stock front brakes with Hawk HP+ pads
Rear SI disk converstion with Hawk HP+ pads

Handles great with this setup, feels well balanced. Future upgrades include tokico illuminas and a larger rear sway bar.

P.S This is my daily driver, main reasson why im keeping current springs. Love the way it rides.

Last edited by BackyardSlick; 11-06-2012 at 05:44 AM.
BackyardSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 d~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enough

Im running like mid pack on this setup. A few secs of the leaders. I only oversteer the corner when I over drive it or its chilly outside. My tires were really holding me back. I tried the neuspeed 500 f spring with the front sway unhooked but it was pushing the front to much so I switched up. I dont wanna go any stiffer on the rear sway unless i get the asr subframe brace.

I just got star specs for the front so I hope it get some oversteer by leaving the tires on there now on. Gotta wait till next year to see if the new tires want more spring rate or not

toyo proxes 4 (all seasons)
Springs Eibach sportline 310 front / neuspeed race 395 rear
eibach Sway bars (front [26mm] and rear [17mm] sway bar)

You have any vids of your runs.

d~nice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

thats suprising that you aren't oversteering, i do when i want it to, i like the neutral feel i can get over steer when i want/need it the toyo's are great tires tho

Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 BackyardSlick is almost a somebodyBackyardSlick is almost a somebodyBackyardSlick is almost a somebodyBackyardSlick is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by d~nice View Post
Im running like mid pack on this setup. A few secs of the leaders. I only oversteer the corner when I over drive it or its chilly outside. My tires were really holding me back. I tried the neuspeed 500 f spring with the front sway unhooked but it was pushing the front to much so I switched up. I dont wanna go any stiffer on the rear sway unless i get the asr subframe brace.

I just got star specs for the front so I hope it get some oversteer by leaving the tires on there now on. Gotta wait till next year to see if the new tires want more spring rate or not

toyo proxes 4 (all seasons)
Springs Eibach sportline 310 front / neuspeed race 395 rear
eibach Sway bars (front [26mm] and rear [17mm] sway bar)

You have any vids of your runs.
Here is a crappy video i took with my phone since i left my go pro at home.

And here is one with my previous mustang

I used to daily drive this stang and track it, I decided I need a daily and a track car, so I sold this stang and bought a 95 gt, and my civic. As you can see my original idea of keeping my civic only as my daily quickly went out the window lol

If you look through my channel I have other vids of track days.

BackyardSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 d~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enough

Its tricky though if you set it up to oversteer its real sketchy on the highway and I drive pretty fast. I thought the same thing about the proxies they are great for the street. Then I starting racing it and relized they were nothing speical at all. I got a ride in a car with star specs I thought I was gonna die.

That track and car look pretty dope
Here is the last one.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

^You should try a ride in a car with R comps. I started on Specs, then R888's and now used Hankook R comps, and the front grip is retarded.

Problem I am having now is I have too much front grip for my current suspension setup. When we have a slight kink one way into a turn the other at the end of a straight (which we seem to have a lot) under heavy braking, I'm having the rear come out from under me a lot. It's like it's unloading the rear too much and any turn in the wheel sends it around.

It did this when I went from the Star Specs to the Toyo's, and I added an HF front sway and it helped calm it down. I think I need more front spring (currently 450lb springs). I may try a 500lb spring up front and a little less camber out back next season.

< Like us on FB
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Def will help keep the car planted better the stiffer the springs. Also maybe do a custom mount spoiler for the rear that you can take off after the race. But this will prob take the looseness outta the rear as well. So many trade-offs.

I bet the r-comps are awesome. maybe for the 2014 season. Im just gonna go up alittle at a time to keep up with the maintance. Im worried about the lower ball joint. I gotta find a good replacement that can handle the extra pressure. Seen a kid break one this year sent carnage through alot of stuff.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 MEERVINCENT is learning the way of the DMEERVINCENT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

+1 on lower ball joint being a nasty part to break. i had a cheap aftermarket unit in my ol 91 teg on the left side. no cotter pin and a nylon locking nut. when i installed it i diddnt thnk much of it but when the nut stripped mid corner, the spindle dropped. destroyed my rack when the inner tie rod pulled out and buckled the fender when the tire stepped out. even bent the upper control arm.
MEERVINCENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondalx97 View Post
thats suprising that you aren't oversteering, i do when i want it to, i like the neutral feel i can get over steer when i want/need it the toyo's are great tires tho
I don't think he'll have any oversteer at all with all that front bar! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d~nice View Post
Def will help keep the car planted better the stiffer the springs. Also maybe do a custom mount spoiler for the rear that you can take off after the race. But this will prob take the looseness outta the rear as well. So many trade-offs.

I bet the r-comps are awesome. maybe for the 2014 season. Im just gonna go up alittle at a time to keep up with the maintance. Im worried about the lower ball joint. I gotta find a good replacement that can handle the extra pressure. Seen a kid break one this year sent carnage through alot of stuff.
Yeah, I have thoughts about building a plexi or diamond plate spoiler, but we'll see. I've also been kicking the idea of putting everything into my 89 Si and freshening up this A6 and running STS from now on, but that class is so competitive nationally, I think it'd be easier to break into the SMF ranks since the class is still developing (and it'd be cheaper, I have everything to make a nicely prepped STS car).

I use TRW ball joints we carry at work, but Moog would be fine as well. I like your idea of taking time, I spent a whole season on Star Specs before going to the R888s for about 5 events. Finally put on my R comps for the two last events I made in my car. They are well worn 225/45's, but I should be able to get a few more events out of them. R comps will cover up poor driving skills, so IMHO, starting on street tires is a good way to go.

That said, I don't know that I'm that much faster on these R comps, but it's in part because I haven't gotten used to the amount of front grip or gotten a handle on that rear unloading. I also have not learned to push the car to its limits again, I had just gotten used to the limits of the R888's. In fact, if I can find another set of wheels, I may use the Toyo's for some local events and save the Kooks for Tour events.

< Like us on FB

Last edited by xotic_crx; 11-17-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in