Scca racin' first time - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 blckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Scca racin' first time

So I'm super nervous, first scca event tomorrow. Idk what to expect, I know I'm going out to have a great time and I could care less what time I get...

From what I can tell my car is going to fall under the sts class. Engine swap and ecu swap are killing me...

Any tips? I've got brand new nitto neogen's on all four corners, got an alignment about two weeks ago.. I'm pretty sure it'll pass tech inspection...

Idk...thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blckek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

You won't be in STS that is for sure. More likely SM or FSP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 blckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the community

welp...

its lowered, camber kit, rear sway bar, front & rear sway bar, gsr brakes front and rear, d15b, lw flywheel, relocated battery, coilover's, intake, larger throttle body, different injector's, short shifter....

im just imagining me hopping out there in my 96 cx hatch and getting raped by some guy in his late 60's wearing pastel short's wearing a straw hat...

im already prepared to be "that guy" in my shitwagon lol...

Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You still have the stock cat in there? otherwise youll get a nice surprise running in race modified with 700hp 911s and shit.

Best advice I can give you is to learn to late apex
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

nope...2.5" exhaust with 2 18" resonator's and no muffler :/

i already know im probably going to get stuck with the 900hp 911 with the pro race car driver behind the wheel...

hell ive gotta bum the helmet there...
Old 05-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

what event you doing?
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Im sure you did fine; once you get your feet wet in autox try going to an HPDE.

everything road racing
known is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

yeah your deff not in sts, with a motor swap its either fsp or smf i donno where no cat puts you

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 bee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

You will fall into the SMF class but don't worry about that. Be patient, ask questions, don't get embarrassed if you make a mistake.

You have what is called RAW time which is your time from start to finish and then you have what is called PAX which is your RAW time divided by a certain number that your class fell into. DON'T WORRY ABOUT WINNING AND INSTEAD HAVE FUN AND BE PATIENT!

I can finish very well in my wife's stock 09' SI co-driving with her but instead I run my BMW 135i which never places very well but is a ton of fun.

Listen to what people say, slower is faster, and talk to everyone.

P.S.

Don't forget to show up extra extra early and bring 3M masking tape.
bee_afraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 bee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Me tearing it up

The wife tearing it up
bee_afraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

How did it go??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular

^^agreed i wanna hear about it? i' hoping to get my car back in running shape and make the jump into SMF sadly there is no competion there around here not much is FSP or STC either but i have a blast every time without a doubt, i'm hooked

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Why I like that I'm in SMF, other than supercharged Mini's with pulley upgrades, only one other Honda locally.

I'm out there to have fun. As long as I improve my times through out the day, I'm happy.

BTW, a Red EG HB with a JRSC GSR swap, I beat him with a NA mini-me swap, LOL!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

oh yeah my little y7 tears it up it always surprises everyone i normally turn times in the top 10 percent , there is one STC kid in my area who is just amazing its like a 3 to 5 sec gap between me and him then another 10 sec for everyone else he is soooooo damn fast i just don't get it

Old 05-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Why I like that I'm in SMF, other than supercharged Mini's with pulley upgrades, only one other Honda locally.

I'm out there to have fun. As long as I improve my times through out the day, I'm happy.

BTW, a Red EG HB with a JRSC GSR swap, I beat him with a NA mini-me swap, LOL!
Your region sounds like mine lol. The pulleyed Mini that was on R comps sold his car after end of last season (after I finally beat him head to head, and won the class regionally, coincidence lol), theres my friends JRSC CRX and a nasty SRT4, but it's fun beating them with an NA CRX

OP, just go have fun for your first few events, learn how to read lines, don't be overly aggressive, start slow and get your lines down, then begin adding a little here and a little there. Each time try to push the car a little further before braking, throttle a little earlier, until you find the car (and your) limits.

Walk the course where you'll be driving it. Find someone there who's running well with a similar setup (low hp fwd "momentum" cars) and emulate their lines.

Practice left-foot braking on the streets and really start using it on course. It takes time, and isn't for everyone, but it has really helped me. You should be in SMF class, with the D15B swap. Let us know how you did, post vids if you got any.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondalx97 View Post
oh yeah my little y7 tears it up it always surprises everyone i normally turn times in the top 10 percent , there is one STC kid in my area who is just amazing its like a 3 to 5 sec gap between me and him then another 10 sec for everyone else he is soooooo damn fast i just don't get it
I realized how slow I was when I saw an STS prepped CRX walking all over everyone last year in our TLAC series (My car, at the time, was basically an STS build with a Z6 head). Now, he also took 2nd at nats last year, but still.

< Like us on FB
Old 05-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yeah sts crx's when set up well are distugingly fast its not fair, haha, i can't say i ever left foot brake personally or really find it needed, and its said there aren't many other low hp fwd cars to watch, i watch the stc prepped 89 si and he is so smooth i don't see how he does it, i can always point out where i went wrong fixing the problem is a bigger issue for me, i just need more time. i can say after a year of racing i've come very very far but i've put alot of time into it. i always stay and listen to every watch their lines. and learn every time i'm out there i learn somethign new

and thats what its about, learning and having a damn good time while doing it.... I WANNA SEE SOME VIDEOS

Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Agreed. Seat time is the biggest improvement anyone can make. Also, left foot braking isn't for everyone. Same STS guy I mentioned above told me he became faster after giving it up in fact. I was the opposite.

< Like us on FB
Old 05-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Lol, I got drunk saturday night....

next event I'm going I'll have a little more time to prepare, I threw those two new nitto's on the rear and picked up understeer, so I was really just gonna go make an ass of myself by being the only fwd guy to spin out. they gil the events pretty regular at oak mountain which is like 30 minutes from my house...

This thread is not dead yet lol
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

that would be called oversteer.

with a well setup FWD car, if you jump off the gas and jump on the brake while turning, you will be going backwards, thus why you left foot brake while still slightly on the gas.

When you get it right, you can drift the car in a controlled manner.

When a female driver asked how was it? I told her "better than a blow job!"

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in