Question about Saloon Racing in America. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc
Default Question about Saloon Racing in America.

Guys need some info.
I assume you guys have track racing where Honda's are raced.

My question is how many laps do you typically race.
What is the normal length of a track.

Who decides how many laps the race will run for i.e. is there a sports governing body that makes the rules. Or is this something each track / championship decides for it self.

What are some of the more popular Super Saloon racing series in America and where can we get info on them.

How are the classes formed. ? Are most of them single make races or do you mix in with other makes and model's.

What is the most popular honda engine on the grid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

I've personally never seen anything like what your team races in. Honda's are exactly very popular in the road racing world. Especially around here.

I could be totally wrong, and I really hope I am, because I would love to get into some sanctioned Honda racing.

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Look at the SCCA classes and rules
There are classes where Hondas race, but its mixed with other makes and models and theyre not saloons.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Basically (correct me if I'm wrong), there are 4 types of Televised racing over here.

NASCAR (circle track stuff, typically carburated V8's with top of the line 1970's technology in what use to be a stock car), it's boring and will have a lead change ever 10 seconds. Basically it's going toward a "spec car" setup that no one cares for.

Indycar (formula style cars, various road courses, they all run the same Honda V8 engine[though next year they're rumored to let other engine manufacturers back into the game]). Indy car is actually pretty interesting, good driving but it doesn't garner a lot of publicity (they turn both right and left). If they stopped trying to be the open-wheeled version of NASCAR they'd be a lot cooler.

Drag Racing (NHRA is the governing body and they've got tons of different classes). It's racing in it's truest form IMO but all they do is go in a straight line.

Speed World America (Stock bodied cars modified into race cars, this league almost disappeared a couple years ago but they're trying to make a comeback). Excellent racing, beautiful cars, and had the potential to become something similiar to DTM/JGTC until the sponsors pulled a lot of cash out of the league. I really hope they make a comeback.

There are other racing venue's sponsored by NASA and SCCA but they don't garner a lot of attention due to the fact that the general public likes NASCAR to much.

If I left anything out or missed anything or even got something COMPLETELY wrong, someone correct me.

From the looks of my google image search it seems that NASA's "Honda Challenge" would best suite you.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!

Last edited by awebb; 08-26-2011 at 06:28 AM.
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

As awebb said NASA and SCCA are the grass roots racing communities around here.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to rdc Send a message via MSN to rdc Send a message via Skype™ to rdc

Thanks for the info guys. Great starting points to google and read up on.
Personally I dont fancy drag racing as much as Track. Because with a track race you are really testing the reliability of the build and its not just 400 Mtrs in a straight line. Two very different ways of tuning and building engines.

rdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in