AutoXers in SSM / SMF ?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default AutoXers in SSM / SMF ??

Are any you guys running an older civic/crx in either the SSM or SMF classes (SCCA solo)?

I'm thinking of taking my CRX into SSM
JustJesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 02:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Why Ssm over Smf? There is a reason the class was created last year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Fiesta ST

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is SMF full on done, or still in supplemental status waiting to be decided upon?

One reason of SSM over SMF: I think I've only ever seen two other guys try SMF, and that was just one time

I'd be racing myself (kind of like now, in a local-only class) with no one else to play with. That's sad and lonely

Old 12-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 bee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to allbee_afraid is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Tell me a little about your build. SMF is a fairly open class and loose on the rules. We have about 6-7 crx's running local in SMF next season.

Competition in SSM would be brutal and unless your car is 100% built for the rules then you would get raped.

Just go to an event and have a blast. Ask a million questions and forget everything that you thought you knew about driving.
bee_afraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
Is SMF full on done, or still in supplemental status waiting to be decided upon?

One reason of SSM over SMF: I think I've only ever seen two other guys try SMF, and that was just one time

I'd be racing myself (kind of like now, in a local-only class) with no one else to play with. That's sad and lonely
It's a national class now. You don't have to run in it though. But, going to Ssm may not be fun for you unless the other Ssm cars suck.

2014 Fiesta ST

Old 12-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

bee_afraid: I hear ya. It's all about the fun for me. I've been doing autoX for a little over a year and I love it. Cheap fun.
It would be so cool to run SMF with the CRXs!! Out here, we once had a nice turnout of about 7-8 Yaris guys (I have one of those).

90civic & Bee: SMF would be cool. I could run my car as is and it might even be competitive. It's got a carbon fiber hood (BAM! automatically in Modified category), roll bar, GSR swap, big brake kit, a decent enough suspension (Illumina/GC). The car came that way, pretty much. The thing about SMF, though, is that there isn't anybody running that! It's like that with the current class I'm running (local, CSM, Cali Street Mod) and it kind of sucks being alone.

Aside from that, there's another thing: I don't usually build a car to suit a class; I build the the car and find the class it fits in Down the line, I'm going to be doing a turbo build, among other things (carb'd single cam). I was/am curious how a turbo CRX would do against the likes of the Vettes and RX7s out in SSM. LOL - yes, it might be a bit crazy. I know that
Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I ran SMF last season and it was a blast! My car was way underpowered though (stock ew-3), but we had at least 5-6 cars run it every time... This season I will have more power, and more grip!

I think a turbo CRX would be boss for SMF ... SSM nah.

Funny thing is that I am building two engines also... a cheap d16z6(or y8 ) turbo and an expensive d16a1 NA both should have about the same power level between 170-200hp, but what will work best?
Im excited!

Last edited by Aren D.; 12-10-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Aren D. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 24 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

I would love to see a 200hp N/A D16A1! If you are able to pull it off you must post the build, hope you have a fat bank account or dont mind being asshole deep in debt LOL

Owner, Quick & Dirty Racing LLC

Rally Car

Race Car

Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
I would love to see a 200hp N/A D16A1! If you are able to pull it off you must post the build, hope you have a fat bank account or dont mind being asshole deep in debt LOL
well I think the d16a1 will be for in the 170+ area and the d16z6 turbo in the 200- area

here are a few pics of the a1:
edit

Last edited by Aren D.; 12-18-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Aren D. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aren D. View Post
I think a turbo CRX would be boss for SMF ... SSM nah.

Funny thing is that I am building two engines also... a cheap d16z6(or y8 ) turbo and an expensive d16a1 NA both should have about the same power level between 170-200hp, but what will work best?
Im excited!
SSM, hehe... we might have to see about that! (8 months or so)

cheap turbo will be cheaper and make more power. I'm fairly sure. Project Car mag took a D16a6, HF exhaust mani, and built a cheap 200whp car. Pretty cool. A friend of mine built a 185whp D16a6. VERY expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
I would love to see a 200hp N/A
On race gas, im sure its possible. On pump, my friend pulled off 185. If I wasn't sick about my B16s, I'd probably try for 200 in a single cam.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 24 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
On race gas, im sure its possible. On pump, my friend pulled off 185. If I wasn't sick about my B16s, I'd probably try for 200 in a single cam.
Agreed, anything is possible if your wallet is fat enough. Like we have both already mentioned, it may be possible but very expensive and IMO a waste of money.

Owner, Quick & Dirty Racing LLC

Rally Car

Race Car

Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

VERY expensive indeed.

I'd go the cheap route and build cheap turbo engine. I've actually been working on that for a few years. Some day...some day
Old 01-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Oddly enough, I read an old magazine, in which they had coverage of an event. I think it was Nationals. For autoX.

There was, I believe, an EG civic, with supercharger AND turbo! Although, I didn't see it in a trophy spot, there was another Civic (two actually) that placed! This was in the SSM class.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 lastresort576 will become famous soon enoughlastresort576 will become famous soon enoughlastresort576 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lastresort576

SMF..street modified FWD right? Do they have this as a SMF2 by any chance? last season I only made the first scca race around here..and the classing was still kinda in between..SSM and SM2..If there's a class for the del sol now I could be potentially competitive with a boosted z6.(whole reason why it's up for sale).

Want to get into Road Racing or Auto-x perhaps? Check out this SCCA book:
lastresort576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

SMF is FWD, yes. I guess SCCA decided to make an SM/SSM class for just FWDs
It was provisional last season, I believe, but seems to be a class now (judging by the National event).

I never seen SMF2, so I don't know what that is. Or SM2 for that matter.

Your Del Sol (boosted) should be able to run in SSM or SMF. It would be cool to see that!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastresort576 View Post
SMF..street modified FWD right? Do they have this as a SMF2 by any chance?(whole reason why it's up for sale).
No. They never will either because you can run SMF and there are not many SM classed 2 seater fwds at nationals.

2014 Fiesta ST

Old 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

The great ST reorg has began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
The great ST reorg has began.
Yeah, there are some pissed off people around here. Rules won't be in effect until 2012.

2014 Fiesta ST

Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 lastresort576 will become famous soon enoughlastresort576 will become famous soon enoughlastresort576 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lastresort576

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90civichillclimber View Post
No. They never will either because you can run SMF and there are not many SM classed 2 seater fwds at nationals.
yeah that's true..makes sense. either way could be a potentially fun class.

Want to get into Road Racing or Auto-x perhaps? Check out this SCCA book:
lastresort576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

A little late to this party but I'm in smf in my crx. I started out for fun but now I'm getting competitive! I'm in the same region as Bee (actually co-drove in GS with his wife last year). There are 3 or 4 crx's, with 2 having 2 drivers each usually. Lately, a well modded SRT4 and a nice Cooper S have been mopping the floor with me (2 sec on fast, 60s courses). I hope to counteract this with my new engine, LSD and suspension. I reaaaaally need r comps but they will have to wait, i'm on 205 Dunlop z1 star specs now.

If I didn't already have everything to finish this 12:1 Z6 I would do a small turbo setup on about 10:1, looking for around 225whp, and I really think that could own that class with a decent driver.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in