First time at the track tomorrow... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 Twistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default First time at the track tomorrow...

I'm heading out to HPR tomorrow for my first road track experience.

It is "Open Lapping Day" - non-competetive and structured.

I have done some auto-x, and have taken my car to the limit.

I will be running my daily driven 99 LX, lightly modded N/A and suspension, with decent track tires.

Just wondering if anyone with road racing experience has advice to share.

Quote:
who ever invented voting is a communist.
Quote:
I stamp trannys, used to keep a record of all of them,
Twistease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

Really man just have fun and be safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Best of luck.

Remember, things that are fine on the street and even the autocross can be pushed beyond their limit on a real track.
Watch that ECT.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 Twistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enoughTwistease will become famous soon enough

Thanks, thers have said that and I take it to heart.

I plan to have fun and safety is top on my list - being my street car...

I am pretty stoked about it and can already feel the adrenaline of being on a hot track.

What about technical strategy, like checking and adjusting tire pressure, tire temp, brake temp, cooling time any helpful tips?

Wish I had time to change to good pads, currently running OEM type ceramic pads and ATE Super Blue.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistease View Post
What about technical strategy, like checking and adjusting tire pressure, tire temp, brake temp, cooling time any helpful tips?

Wish I had time to change to good pads, currently running OEM type ceramic pads and ATE Super Blue.
Make individual small changes at a time, and record them for reference. Like go out at a little higher pressure, get them warm and make some laps, then slowly bring the pressure down by a couple psi at a time and find the sweet spot.

The same technique goes for everything with the alignment as well.

Its a very slow, tedious, and time consuming process, but its all part of the fun of trying to get the most from your car on a track.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
The same technique goes for everything with the alignment as well.

Its a very slow, tedious, and time consuming process, but its all part of the fun of trying to get the most from your car on a track.
Very good point. I have found the sweet spot with alignment and pressure for DD with street tires. There is probably room for improvement with different tires and toe adjustment (since that is all I have) when driving at the limit.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Um, listen to your instructor.....keep it in 4th gear, yeah that simple.

Don't forget point-byes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Um, listen to your instructor.....keep it in 4th gear, yeah that simple.

Don't forget point-byes!
No instructor...although some folks out there could have used one. And I was good about being alert and pointing everyone who needed around.

I had a successful day today. Spun it twice the first time out, cold tires- duh. Was a bit excited and got over ambitious.

After a couple sessions I was really able to work on my lines and was catching some Mustangs through the corners in the back half.

More seat time and a few extra HP, I think I could surprise some people.

Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

christopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the skychristopher_davis is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMek View Post
Really man just have fun and be safe.
AGREED

Have fun man and try and get some pics if you can

christopher_davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

no shots of me on track...

but there were some pretty cool cars out there today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPR 1.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	25843   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPR 2.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	25844   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPR 3.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	25845   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPR 4.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	25846   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPR 5.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	25847  

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Nice!!! Then one feeling about going to the track especially if its your first time won't be something to forget for sure! Felt the same way when I went out to my first time attack nite at a track.

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Heartland Park?

There used to be some kind of track in Colorado, my CRX and it's former owner ran at the last race held there.

SCCA Time Trials Colorado Region Website

9 Gustavo Hammerly Honda CRX 1989 White

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

High Plains Raceway.

About 15 miles east of Byers, CO

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i remember my first time at the track i was nervous haha i had the car in 3rd gear at the line and stalled out twice lol
VitaraEgCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in