Intersted In Auto Cross - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Khnemu
Default Intersted In Auto Cross

I've wanted to try this out for quite some time but I can't find any info on anything local for the life of me. I live ~30ish minutes from Willow Springs Raceway and the only person I know that "races there" doesn't say much.

I've read through the how to auto cross thread but I want to get my feet wet. Been to the SCCA website, it gives me a link to my region (Cal Club) and when I try to check something out it says the link is dead.

I'd also like to know what equipment is needed just to start out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Khnemu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

a snell approved helmet/closed toes shoes. and the eagerness to learn and have fun!
Just google auto-x in your area. should point you closer.

then you just gotta decide what class your car can run.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Khnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to allKhnemu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
a snell approved helmet/closed toes shoes. and the eagerness to learn and have fun!
Just google auto-x in your area. should point you closer.

then you just gotta decide what class your car can run.
Full face helmet? Does it matter? I always wear closed toe shoes and I'm pretty eager to learn this.

I've tried that, gives me the same dead links.

Also I'll be using a stock 2000 Civic Si. Stock everything with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

talk to me maybe we can go together soon its cheap as hell also. im interested as well did you see the link i put up on the just racing forums read it its great. willow springs is holds hpde events not autox vary rare if they do. hpde is a bit more expensive like ranges from 200-close too 400 but the events are spaced far enough to save some money.

all autox events are held in fontana mostly and nationals at the el toro base in the OC so we have quite a driving distance not bad though.

register here read the rules and have a go on the forum as well.

California Sports Car Club - Solo - SCCA

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!

i havent started yet but having a familiar face around would ease the stage fright a bit.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
talk to me maybe we can go together soon its cheap as hell also. im interested as well did you see the link i put up on the just racing forums read it its great. willow springs is holds hpde events not autox vary rare if they do. hpde is a bit more expensive like ranges from 200-close too 400 but the events are spaced far enough to save some money.

all autox events are held in fontana mostly and nationals at the el toro base in the OC so we have quite a driving distance not bad though.

register here read the rules and have a go on the forum as well.

California Sports Car Club - Solo - SCCA
I'll sign up and everything, when is the next event? What's the cost and where can I get a helmet? I have almost no head room in my Si so I need to figure something out.
Quote:
i havent started yet but having a familiar face around would ease the stage fright a bit.
For sure, lol.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khnemu View Post
I'll sign up and everything, when is the next event? What's the cost and where can I get a helmet? I have almost no head room in my Si so I need to figure something out.

For sure, lol.
helmets are expensive i havent had luck finding some for my broke ass .they say you can barrow but that's nasty plus i doubt they have something for my big ass head lmao. oh yea i forgot your tall as shit hmmm there is a lot of websites just google it and try ebay. hmmmm cost is cheap around 25-30 speed ventures charges 80 but you get a shit load of runs compared to normal club ones. you know that in autocross you have to work while your waiting to be called hence why its cheap.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
helmets are expensive i havent had luck finding some for my broke ass .they say you can barrow but that's nasty plus i doubt they have something for my big ass head lmao. oh yea i forgot your tall as shit hmmm there is a lot of websites just google it and try ebay. hmmmm cost is cheap around 25-30 speed ventures charges 80 but you get a shit load of runs compared to normal club ones. you know that in autocross you have to work while your waiting to be called hence why its cheap.
Yeah I've read you pick up cones and shit when you're not racing, lol. I really don't want to buy a helmet, I'll rent one but I doubt they have my big ass head size too. My head rubs the ceiling in my Si so I'd need to get a lower seat or something.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Yeah I've read you pick up cones and shit when you're not racing, lol. I really don't want to buy a helmet, I'll rent one but I doubt they have my big ass head size too. My head rubs the ceiling in my Si so I'd need to get a lower seat or something.
yup if thats the case then yeah i hit my head only on bumps lol.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
yup if thats the case then yeah i hit my head only on bumps lol.
How can I make my seat lower? I've seen seat rails but they're for racing seats.

Nvm. Guess I need a new seat before I start... if I can barely fit in head in there I won't be able to get in with a helmet. lmao.

Last edited by Khnemu; 06-24-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
How can I make my seat lower? I've seen seat rails but they're for racing seats.

Nvm. Guess I need a new seat before I start... if I can barely fit in head in there I won't be able to get in with a helmet. lmao.
yup that would be a problem then we are big so you would have limited seat choices. or swap stock seats find out which seats sit lower etc...

Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
yup that would be a problem then we are big so you would have limited seat choices. or swap stock seats find out which seats sit lower etc...
I could get some bad ass Recaro's lol!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 bigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

damn im happy im on the short side. i have no problem clearing the roof of any of my cars.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

a full face is not needed.
make sure you read the rules closely as they have guidelines for seats.
I was gonna go this weekend but i gots to work. damn!
but next month its on! I'll have my new coilovers installed by then, maybe some new tires. and i gotta get a membership. fuck paying 50 bucks knock over cones!

i'd like a new seat as well. my ej seats have the bolstering abilities of a parkbench. and i want a harness.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.

Last edited by 12ozwrecker; 06-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Helmets - SummitRacing.com

$150 is a good price for a helmet. Remember it's there to protect you. How much is you head worth. I personally like closed face helmets. It's better for my my teeth. The snell 2010s aren't out yet so if you buy a 2005 it'll only be good until 2015. It might be better to try to borrow one until the 2010s come out.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90civichillclimber View Post
Helmets - SummitRacing.com

$150 is a good price for a helmet. Remember it's there to protect you. How much is you head worth. I personally like closed face helmets. It's better for my my teeth. The snell 2010s aren't out yet so if you buy a 2005 it'll only be good until 2015. It might be better to try to borrow one until the 2010s come out.
Word, thanks for the link. I don't mind buying a helmet but I'd rather borrow one until I know if I'm going to jump into it. Are those helmets approved for drag racing as well?

I really can't get into this until I solve my height issue, I need my seat 2-4 inches lower if possible.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Word, thanks for the link. I don't mind buying a helmet but I'd rather borrow one until I know if I'm going to jump into it. Are those helmets approved for drag racing as well?
yeah, they should be.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90civichillclimber View Post
yeah, they should be.
Nice, repped.

What are the rules regarding racing seats?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

go here. read this.
SCCA - Sports Car Club of America

Quote:
word.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

AHH good questions asked and good answers given =)

Id rep all of you if I can but i cant. LOL cause i already did it before lol
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in