Wendover Natl Tour In-Cars - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 bopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Wendover Natl Tour In-Cars

Finally got to my in-car from last weekend...

My day 1 'fast' run:
YouTube - SCCA Solo Wendover National Tour 2010 Day 1 - SMF #67

Day 2 'fast' run:
YouTube - SCCA Solo Wendover National Tour 2010 Day 2 - SMF #67

Happy to find that the combination of the KAAZ, the Quaife rack, and r-compounds is really not bad - going in and out of grid, impound, etc. sucks but other than that it's not nearly the handful I thought it might be.

Unfortunately, the car isn't anywhere near fully prepped for SMF, and the driver (ie ME) is still SLOOOOWWWW.

Times both days were about 10s slower than the class winner (4-time SS national champ and Evo instructor, in a very well prepped car).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bopApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
tim
n00b

The coarses look like a lot of fun. I'm pissed I had to miss it.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

use to go to the drags on sunday in wendover back in the streetracing days lol

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 24 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

How do you like the Kaaz with a manual rack?

Im running a Kaaz LSD in the Rally Civic, it kicked my wifes ass when we had the manual rack in it, she hated driving it. I did a power steering conversion in it and now she loves it.

Owner, Quick & Dirty Racing LLC

Rally Car

Race Car

Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

SMF = Slow Muther Fockers?????

I think thats where my CRX ends up simply because of the Y8 head and intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 bopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
How do you like the Kaaz with a manual rack?

Im running a Kaaz LSD in the Rally Civic, it kicked my wifes ass when we had the manual rack in it, she hated driving it. I did a power steering conversion in it and now she loves it.
I haven't had any complaints about it - it's a workout getting in and out of grid etc, but I think that's really just the quick manual rack, nothing to do with the Kaaz. Truthfully, the only things I can think of wouldn't really change between manual and power steering - letting go of the wheel is a no-no (unless you want to go straight), and the abrupt-lift turn-in can be a little jarring - but I haven't noticed that anywhere other than tooling around on the road.

Once it's at speed, no complaints whatsoever.

I believe that my kaaz is set up for less than 100% lock, so that may make a difference.

We'll see what my wife says - she's driving the car for her first ever autocross on Memorial day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
SMF = Slow Muther Fockers?????

I think thats where my CRX ends up simply because of the Y8 head and intake.
For me, sure. I think once (if?) people start building cars to the limit of the rules, it should be pretty quick.

As far as I know the winning mini had the following major changes:
* Pulleys for more S/C boost
* 275 width hoosiers
* wing (not huge) on the back.
They were something like 500 lbs over their min weight - times were faster than ST, but still slower than C/D/F SP and SM and SSM.

I think if you took a ED hatch, dropped a built B20 or a K20, and did all the aero work and lightening work, it could be quite quick. (Min weight for SMF 4-passenger 2.0L n/a would be 1800 lbs.) Probably don't need to make more than about 200whp for autox - I've heard that most of the DP miata guys are stopping w/ power at about ~240, because they can't use any more than that.

ProSolo videos coming soon...

bopApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in