Autocross n00bs watch this - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89
Default Autocross n00bs watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDsmBexSd8

seeing as im going to be a n00b i was watching this and i felt it would help other n00bs as well enjoy.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

I've ran NORA events before. That looks like a typical day. Great fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Definately something I'd love to get into, but there's none locally for me. Now my buddy has a Jeep and a trailer, we may make some of the farther ones next year though.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 MoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to allMoSeS is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

ways to attack the slalom was hilarious... good video tho. wish there was something like that in my area...

Quote:

If you see me at the state line with a pick axe, a sledgehammer, and a few splitting wedges, just keep on walkin.
MoSeS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I really want to try some road courses but I can't afford them and auto-x just doesn't wet my whistle.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

thats bad ass....but......i like my tires to much and dont have money to be buying new sets....mabe someday
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 40 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Hmmm looks kinda boring. How the hell are you supposed to know where to go? Watching that in-car view it looked almost random and such a small coarse barely out of 2nd gear.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

^^ i know right. I liked the part on the cones magically come out of the trailor....they fell out. lol

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!

i used to be the one that talked shit about autocross etc.... but don't knock it till you try it. i plan on doing it a full season hopefully next year. should keep me busy until boti,idrc etc start back up again next year.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

That seems like it might be fun to do once. But i agree with the majority i wanna drive in more than 1st and 2nd gear. Road course deffantly looks fun. Ironically enough i live there that video was taken place. Im not knockin it, if thats your thing have a blast.
93 EG1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 EG1 View Post
That seems like it might be fun to do once. But i agree with the majority i wanna drive in more than 1st and 2nd gear. Road course deffantly looks fun. Ironically enough i live there that video was taken place. Im not knockin it, if thats your thing have a blast.

trust me i prefer the road course also but being a n00b to making turns i feel autox can build my skills towards the road course.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

no, its more fun than you guys think it is. for my vsp driving training, we basically do the same thing...except we make a crown vic do things you never thought was possible, or at least i can.

I've been to a few auto-x and road course events around my area and its def a ton of fun. If you dont have access to local road courses then auto-x is for you.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
no, its more fun than you guys think it is. for my vsp driving training, we basically do the same thing...except we make a crown vic do things you never thought was possible, or at least i can.

I've been to a few auto-x and road course events around my area and its def a ton of fun. If you dont have access to local road courses then auto-x is for you.
i have access to road course i have willow springs and buttonwillow near by. autox is cheaper and i feel i should start with that first. just for fun to learn something else that going straight.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
i have access to road course i have willow springs and buttonwillow near by. autox is cheaper and i feel i should start with that first. just for fun to learn something else that going straight.
...i hate you. I have to drive like 4 hours to get to VIR. I wanna drive on Laguna Seca before i die. lol I LOVE the way that track is laid out.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
...i hate you. I have to drive like 4 hours to get to VIR. I wanna drive on Laguna Seca before i die. lol I LOVE the way that track is laid out.
laguna seca is on my things to do before i die list as well lol.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX

Rep Power: 20 ESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcano
ESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcanoESD_DA9 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESD_DA9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Hmmm looks kinda boring. How the hell are you supposed to know where to go? Watching that in-car view it looked almost random and such a small coarse barely out of 2nd gear.
Yea it looks a bit confusing. I think once your there in the driver seat its a little more clear on where to go. And Im sure walking the track a few times helps.

Quote:
My house in FL is about an hour north of Sebring. I still havent gotten to make it on that yet. I never really had a car worthy yet. But I agree I think autox is a great starting point for people that want to do road course. It teaches basic car control and gets you some seat time.

Quote:
I want to drive on a bunch of tracks. I want to be like a forza game and just hop from track to track. lol
2003 Dodge Durango 4WD
Quote:
most of mans motivation is motivated by...vag or money and the only reason we care about money is cause we can use it to get...vag
Quote:
My mom came into my room and thought i was watching porn because i was stroking myself to your car!

ESD_DA9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Yup...just once, any car will do. Just wanna hit the corkscrew.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Greasy, you REALLY need to hook up with the OG Hybrid folks if you want try the willows. I have some CLASSIC video from people like Katman and such when they were "newbs" doing driving schools.

Today, I just found out I have the PERFECT autox tranny, well it could use a GearX first gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
Yup...just once, any car will do. Just wanna hit the corkscrew.
Just don't try to get two wheels up like Frank did in the yellow EG HB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

Quote:

o i've made a crown vic do things you dont wanna think about. Like a 95ft burn out, Seriously high speed turns and various other things.

Id give it a whirl once but id much rather road course it. Dragging just gives me a certai nrush when your sitting at the tree though
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in