Any of you n/a guys race a stage2 cobalt ss/sc? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Races/Shows/Events Just Racing

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Any of you n/a guys race a stage2 cobalt ss/sc?

I am trying to get an idea as to what one would be in for.

Friend of mine has one but its not a s2 yet and I am having problems trying to get concrete info.

So far the best hp/tq I have heard of out of a s2 was 260hp - 220 to 230tq, But those things are heavy, Like 3000lbs heavy, and the average hatch/crx is 1000lbs lighter than one of those things.

So do you think a high comp, non vtec NA dseries/bseries could keep up with one of these?

I read they can do mid to high 13s.

Last edited by Sidneyious; 10-04-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Sidneyious is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

no. maybe if it was a built na. and a very built, p&p, high cr pistons, big cam, full bolt ons, and a good tune. even then i highly doubt it. maybe that and a 55shot
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

found this. he might have won if he didnt bog going into second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9UQQ_qtH-M

Old 10-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Your n/a Civic is not going to beat any supercharged Cobalt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Your n/a Civic is not going to beat any supercharged Cobalt.
x2 and fyi there are ss cobalts out there that arent supercharged... lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....Sidneyious It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I should have specifyied better, sorry I got this neck pain that is kiling me and I am trying to keep my mind off it, But anywho I have updated my first post.

My friends plan is to keep the SC and go s2 with it, hes got a header for it but is waiting for the warenty to go up.

And I dont own a civic, let alone a honda, working out some ideas, doing some planning, reading and researching.

I do know its going to have to be a high comp motor and after reading some of the drag times and searching for dyno charts on here I think its possable.
My friend isent the greatest of a driver...ok hes not good at all, But if the highest hp/tq cobalt numbers I have seen only pulls a mid 13 I think its possable.

And he dosent plan on converting to turbo, he wants to keep the SC.

Last edited by Sidneyious; 10-04-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Sidneyious is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Stock z6 on a bottle will beat it...

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP-tuningalltheway View Post
Stock z6 on a bottle will beat it...
easiest way lol

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 joey tits will become famous soon enoughjoey tits will become famous soon enoughjoey tits will become famous soon enough

why do you have to use a n/a honda?? buy a snail tail and show him why turbos are better than s/c

joey tits is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

take a stock k20, stick it in a hatch, done. cobalt ss are dogshit...

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

^x2
spelts-face is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

new cobalt ss is boosted the good way.

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." - Patrick Henry
jamato0331 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato0331 View Post
new cobalt ss is boosted the good way.
yep and pretty peppy to boot.....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
yep and pretty peppy to boot.....
ahh dont give em too much credit.
the new turbod ones are almost impossible to get mods for. or at least thats how it was a little while after they came out.
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Nitrous FTW if its going to be a "n/a" D. lol
Thewall is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I should be whipping SC Cobalts by they end of 2010, with a NA CRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

^lolz

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Yep. Smoked it.

This was autocross though.
Aquafina is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 TommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagleTommyM is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

why spend 4k on a K20 when u can spend 2k on a fully built D and beat both a K20 and a Cobalt? lol.
DC 4-1 header
AEM CAI
2.25" piping with Spintech 6331 muffler
Ex trans FTMFW
TommyM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyM View Post
why spend 4k on a K20 when u can spend 2k on a fully built D and beat both a K20 and a Cobalt? lol.
why bump a thread from october of last year to say that??? and 2k for a fully built d is a bit underpriced..

jimmyb34 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in