Honda D Series Forum banner

98 ex trans in a 96 dx shifting problems(auto)

441 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  4Door 
#1 ·
i sold my 98 ex auto trany to a guy, he drives a 96 dx...
he is using his computer and says he is haveing issues with the trany, i never had a problem with it in my car so im thinking it may be the ecu...
here is a makeshift chart to try to show what his trany is doing compared to what the dash light indicate
dash indicator / shifter location
N = 1st gear
D4 = 2nd gear-when it does go into 1st it shifts to second at 1500rpms
D3 = D3 but it holds 3erd the hole time
P/blank = reverse

he said he replaced a presusre switch on the front of the trans right behind the radiator with a switch from his dx, he says the part numbers were the same so this shouldnt be a problem...
so there is the gist of whats happining, does this sound like the dx ecu is haveing trouble operating the ex trans or possably the shift linkage needs adjustment or replaced with a 98 ex cable...
please give me your opinons with this, thank's, Brian

See less See more
#4 ·
cable was not adjusted, im sory, im not sure what tcu means...

#5 · (Edited)
transzex said:
what TCU is he using?

Guess the cable was never adjusted either.
is the tcu the torq converter unit???
i really dont know what TCU is... i prolly should know but the "U" is messing me up...lol thank's again, Brian

#6 ·
i knew i was tired when i made this post, but damn, i didnt even notice this forum "Transmission alley" i was even looking for something related to tranny's... lol, oh well, i guess it happen's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.