Exterior Door Handle Tabs - Good Lors - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Exterior Door Handle Tabs - Good Lors

So I had my driver's side door handle go out on my Sol...no big deal, right? I have about five sitting around. So I take out of the hardest 10mm bolt first and then go for the inner 10mm bolt. It seems a little tougher to get off than the first one...I push the handle out and start disconnecting everything. That's when i realize something potentially angering has happened.

As i was removing the front 10mm bolt off the handle, the MOUNTING TAB that is connected to the door tore right off. Which means I only have one bolt and means even the ENTIRE DOOR is pretty much useless.

I can think of a thousand ways to attempt to fix this. My question to my d-series bros is-

Has anyone used a method that worked?

The original tab is too mangled and twisted to use. I can't be the first person this has happened to. I have another door if I find myself in a pinch.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

could redneck it and zip screw a piece of metal into the door and use a nut and bolt. or remove the panel and weld a new tab on
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2019, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!

I was thinking of the redneck method...swear to god...
but this is the car I'm trying to keep clean.

Maybe using a BIG piece of metal behind the door with the small tab coming off that...and having that big piece of metal held on with body panel adhesive? Get what I'm saying? Lot of to hold onto. ??? That might work...

Or I just weld it up...such a stupid goddam thing to sheer off. Hah!

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

how are you going to apply pressure to the sheet while you wait for it to dry without it sliding down or peeling back?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 05:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

my buddies hatch had a similar issue. both tabs ripped off the door lol.

the metal is too thin to weld without a tig i think.

we did rig up something when it was just one tab and it was kinda like your idea. a chunk of metal to press against the inside of the door to keep the handle in place.

i think if you use decent metal and decent body adhesive (that shit is stronger than welding some times) you could rig up something to hold for a while.

ultimately we ended up just replacing the door.

oh one other option you could try. electronic door poppers. we did this on his car for a little while till the solenoid on the driver side went out lol.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Fixed...big piece of metal up against the inside of the door with JB weld holding it on.
not too pretty...but it's damn stronger than the original.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
my buddies hatch had a similar issue. both tabs ripped off the door lol.

the metal is too thin to weld without a tig i think.

we did rig up something when it was just one tab and it was kinda like your idea. a chunk of metal to press against the inside of the door to keep the handle in place.

i think if you use decent metal and decent body adhesive (that shit is stronger than welding some times) you could rig up something to hold for a while.

ultimately we ended up just replacing the door.

oh one other option you could try. electronic door poppers. we did this on his car for a little while till the solenoid on the driver side went out lol.
Totally. I have another door....I'm just too lazy to sand and paint and clear coat...because it's Captiva Blue. Hah.

This should hold for a long while. That sucker is ON THERE.

Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
how are you going to apply pressure to the sheet while you wait for it to dry without it sliding down or peeling back?
I used a BIG ASS magnet. Held it on.

The handle is back on and working 100%

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in