EG Air Conditioning Help! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default EG Air Conditioning Help!

So i just need some advice. My 94 ej1 has an a/c issue where the compressor only turns on when you either press the a/c button with force and hold it OR when you move the wire with the green plug behind the climate control box. either way it is shorting somewhere. should i just buy another box?
kenjitegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Doesn't sound like it's shorting, sounds like the switch contacts aren't closing the circuit properly.

If you feel like pulling apart the switch and cleaning / bending the copper contacts, you could try that first before replacing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
Doesn't sound like it's shorting, sounds like the switch contacts aren't closing the circuit properly.

If you feel like pulling apart the switch and cleaning / bending the copper contacts, you could try that first before replacing it.
that sounds like work ...

but yeah do what he said.or just change out the switch .
if you want to make sure the switch is the culprit just jump the wires at the switch..
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post

that sounds like work ...
but yeah do what he said.or just change out the switch .
if you want to make sure the switch is the culprit just jump the wires at the switch..

oh it is a b**** to get out, i still haven’t figured out how to get the green plug out of the dead center of it, but i’ve been thinking about scrapping the box all together.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

also might i add that sometimes when i get it on i can feel the compressor kick on and off CONSTANTLY when driving, before it finally just shuts off. even when i came to a stop at my job the other day it fluctuated until i mashed the button with my thumb, then did it later on my lunch until i moved the wires on the plug (after scrapping my dash) and it would only kick on if i sat there and held the plug/ pressed the button. idk how that messes up like THAT but oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in