Is this a good deal d16z6 motor and trans - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2019, 05:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Is this a good deal d16z6 motor and trans

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but someone has a d16z6 motor and trans out of a 93 del sol says thats the same as the si motors and trans its got pretty high km on it though 270000km wondering if it would be a good motor to have as a spare for turbo and or to build or is that too high of miles ? Compression is 180 170 180 180 . And the persons asking 200 canadian ? Figure even if i just use the trans as mine right now is long geared..
1.5L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I'd say yes if the crank is mint z6.

and has not been over bored..

or decked to the max...

I bet the tranny grinds....
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 05:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

167770 Miles is nothing these motors can go well into 300k miles range before needing much of anything so probably at roughly half its life expectancy at this point.

$148.23 US is not bad at all if you have the cash I would grab it if nothing else for something to run while you rebuild what you have or rebuild this one either way if I was in need and it all looked good I would do it.
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I hv a d15b vtec with a y7 trans from the stock motor... around here 200 for an si trans is pretty much the going rate or even on the cheaper side... might just buy it and hopefully sell the z6
1.5L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

If you can hear it running ....

Actually, even without that, it's sounds like it's worth a shot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in