P28 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Dserieslife has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default P28

Hey guys would it be worth buying a chipped and tuned p28 ecu for my stock 98 ex with d16y8?
Dserieslife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Ok then lol
Old 04-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

If you converted your car to obd1 getting ready to build a motor down the road you could load a.stock y8 map on your p28 and run it until you change something that requires a tune.

A tune on a stock motor isn't worth the money unless.you can do it your self or have a buddy with access to a dyno.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

tuning the stock motor does open up a little horsepower, but not recommended if that is going to be the most you do.

It is a great starting point for future use down the road, such as nitrous, NA build, or turbo, as with a stock motor, you do not have a butt ton of variables different from everyone else and it is easier to learn.

Tuning the stock setup does enable you to swap to modern fuel injectors, which in themselves, increases power and fuel efficiency due to a better fuel spray pattern/mist.

Id do it for a learning exercise that can bring a lot of future use.

If purely for power, well, you already got told lol

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks alot guys for the feed back. Planning on building my civic and I haven't built one before this will.be my first and just trying to figure out where to start and what to do. Right now just got a aem intake and exhaust. But saving up money to go from there got bout 300 saved so far
Old 05-04-2019, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 10mm will become famous soon enough10mm will become famous soon enough10mm will become famous soon enough

I'm in the same boat. I want to get my car ready for a cheap turbo setup. Before I go buy an eBay turbo kit I want to get the ECU and fuel taken care of so I'm not messing with that right after I have turbo installed (except for of course doing the fuel tuning)

I'm also really interested in learning how to tune. I've been researching all the different softwares available and from what I've gathered so far crome is the thing people are using with chipped p28

Crome has problems though and I think one day I'm probably gonna go with AEM because they have their own software that is maintained better

Where you planning on buying the chipped p28 from?

So if you're interested in learning how to tune as well I'd say it's definitely worth it even on a stock engine. Even more so worth it if you plan on doing some basic things like cat delete, header, full exhaust, upgraded fuel pump and injectors
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Not sure where gonna get one when I do was just looking around at them online. And mods to come are a bigger air intake, ss drag header with 2.5 in cat back and test pipe then go from there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in