Nitrous - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2019, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Dserieslife has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Nitrous

So right now I was thinking bout doing a na build on my stock d16y8 but was thinking bout adding spray to it. What would be a good setup to pair with the n20?
Dserieslife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

https://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/77291-turbo-nitrous-faqs-info-look-here-first.html
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Id spray on the stock.motor myself. What type of build were you thinking? Forged internals, light weight NA or bolt ons on a stock motor?
Old 04-18-2019, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

My one and only experience with Nitrous was:
2009 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
Purchased new (The Truck) once it hit 30k miles I added a Nitrous Express kit 75hp shot. Wet Kit I believe.
I went through a 10lb bottle at a rate of 1 every day or 2 just driving to work and back.
I also was changing spark plugs about once a month or 3000 miles I drove 150miles round trip to work.
The plugs when pulled would be broken melted or tips burned clean off. Oil and filters were changed in the motor and trans once a month also.
I ran the truck right up to 75k or 80k miles abusing it daily like this without a tune of any kind.
The only other mods done were a K&N drop in air filter and flowmaster 40 series muffler the little V6 had 24s strapped to it and was lowered 2" in the rear.

My point is on a new truck with a small shot it was constant maintenance to keep up with the damage I was doing to the truck IDK if that motor ever seen 100k miles because she was beat went I sent her packing.
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT

Last edited by 79hilux90crx; 04-18-2019 at 05:28 AM.
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79hilux90crx View Post
My one and only experience with Nitrous was:
2009 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
Purchased new (The Truck) once it hit 30k miles I added a Nitrous Express kit 75hp shot. Wet Kit I believe.
I went through a 10lb bottle at a rate of 1 every day or 2 just driving to work and back.
I also was changing spark plugs about once a month or 3000 miles I drove 150miles round trip to work.
The plugs when pulled would be broken melted or tips burned clean off. Oil and filters were changed in the motor and trans once a month also.
I ran the truck right up to 75k or 80k miles abusing it daily like this without a tune of any kind.
The only other mods done were a K&N drop in air filter and flowmaster 40 series muffler the little V6 had 24s strapped to it and was lowered 2" in the rear.

My point is on a new truck with a small shot it was constant maintenance to keep up with the damage I was doing to the truck IDK if that motor ever seen 100k miles because she was beat went I sent her packing.
dang a 10lb bottle every couple days? how much was it to fill a bottle?

also do you think with a better tune or maybe colder plugs it would have kept from melting them so much?

i have no nitrous experience so i dont know the ins and outs of that sort of thing.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 07:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

10lbs was like $35-$37.50 depending on where I got it filled. I would say on average 1 bottle a day. I used it to pass cars sometimes but mainly to "F" with people on the highway.
I was a postal employee at the time so it was pocket change to me.

Not sure how much a tune would have helped with such a small nozzle.
I was changing out and trying different ranges each month. End result was E3 plugs worked the best and held up the longest got almost 10k out of the last set before burning 2 up at once.

I was running 91-93 octane with 1-2 cans of seafoam as well when at the track.
When I was driving to work it was 87 everyday.

When I say the truck was beat on it really was. I went through a set of rear tires remind you on 24's about once a month. (About $700 for the rear set)

That little happy switch/button full of giggle juice is not what a kid in their early 20's with $120k of income needs to find.
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Dserieslife has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thinking bout just doing bolt ons and maybe a lil head work as I'm on a budget. Got another 50-75 bucks to go and I'll have enough for the nitrous kit

Thinking intake manifold throttle body p28 chipped and tuned ecu 550 injectors and cam to pair with the spray. What u guys think?

Last edited by slo_eg8; 04-18-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Dserieslife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in