Rear disc swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Rear disc swap

97 ex coupe. Will 4 door Integra trailing arms work or are they a different length?
Kylel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 10mm will become famous soon enough10mm will become famous soon enough10mm will become famous soon enough

all 90-01 integra will work with 92-00 civics

this topic has been discussed a million times over on various forums. a quick google search will provide you with more than enough reading material

just search:
  • interchangeable parts 92-00 civic
  • brakeexpert brake chart civic upgrades

i actually just got back from the junkyard.. pulled the complete rear trailing arm setup (hubs, rotors, calipers, pads, handbrake cables) and the complete front knuckles off a 1995 civic ex. i also took the 15/16" master cylinder because im doing front upgrade too. im planning to do a rear disc and upgraded front disc on my 98 civic dx

Last edited by 10mm; 04-15-2019 at 07:49 PM.
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 03:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

So to keep the answer simple because I'm dumb haha I can use a 4 door Integra arm in a coupe?
And thanks for the reply much appreciated!!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

2 and 4 door are the same.

From The post above yours

"all 90-01 integra will work with 92-00 civics"
The word to focus on there is "ALL"

The key to learning is listening or reading the answer when you ask a question.

Last edited by Evanguy; 04-16-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Evanguy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 03:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
2 and 4 door are the same.

From The post above yours

"all 90-01 integra will work with 92-00 civics"
The word to focus on there is "ALL"

The key to learning is listening or reading the answer when you ask a question.

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 04-16-2019 at 03:57 AM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Well fuck lol.... sorry I'll refrain from asking and thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!

You can ask. (Without people asking questions this site would be 20 people sitting around talking to them selves, it's good to get new people on the forum and we are hear to help, I know I was a noob before)

But if you do ask you should read the answers. And if you put a little effort in before asking you will get way better answers.

You search around and find out what you think is correct then ask about it before you buy any parts.

No one wants to help someone who doesn't help them selves. Why should we do all your work for you. I've learned what I know now by searching then asking then doing.

Also you could have checked the part numbers from 2 door and 4 door

And or searched "will 4 door integra trailing arms work on 2 door integra" and found out they are the same

Then you search can integra trailing arms go on a civic.

Last edited by Evanguy; 04-16-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Evanguy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylel View Post
Well fuck lol.... sorry I'll refrain from asking and thanks for the help

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

My bad I'm glad to be here and thankful I got the answer I was needing. Next time I will def do some harder research before asking a question sorry again and seriously thanks for the help it's much appreciated. I didn't even think to look at an Acura parts site and cross reference the part numbers.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

This is why forums are dead and dying people would rather tell you to search than to help you out or get into discussions about what your working on and why.

I'm sure nearly anything and everything that can be done to a Civic has been done and documented. Except for mister D20 above never seen that one.

My point is yes you can search and find 99% of the answers to anything you are needing, but what is the point of the forum if not to converse and help each other out.
Hell my searching skills suck I know very little about computers and how to operate them (shortcuts and such) I'm here to read and help where I can.

Sorry I will step away from the soapbox now..
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

the issue isn't asking of questions, its the fact that most don't put forth an effort to find an answer and want it handed to them. you can give a man a fish.......

now, say people go ahead and search and get A answer, but are still not 100% on what theyre reading, then by all means, ask for clarification.

shit like, "what does an intake do" should get flamed extra crispy
where as "Im trying to wrap my head around how dimpling my intake ports helps with fuel atomization..." would show an attempt and just need the extra umph

but then again, Im an asshole

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

i agree with Slo in that last post he made, but then also i feel there is such limited posts being made even threads like CAI vs SR will at least give me something to read and maybe get a discussion going. its seems slow enough here to be happy people are posting lol even if it is annoying stuff or covered so many time " what cam gear for my mini me"

also i went form asking "what block is best for a minime. A6,Z6 or Y8?" to changing the bore spacing in said block. so the newb asking simple questions can turn out to be great d-series guy if we don't scare them off

but i also love teaching and always wished to be an elementary school teacher
Old 04-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

lol, Ive said it before and Ill say it again

you guys do whatever you want, this site is just as much yours as anybody else and Im not going to stop you. feed them or flame them its all the same to me

Ill still be batsloman. yall get repped either way
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post

Last edited by Flip; 04-17-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

At the end of the day, a LOT of people's questions can be answered simply from comparing parts and parts numbers with parts stores and honda dealership websites.

If bushings interchange, you know they at least can bolt that part up.

If the brake lines are using the same fittings, you know you can USE a certain brake caliper, but still need to find the mounting point.

If this headgasket is the same part number as that one, you know the head could potentially be swapped over.

etc...

Jsut throwing this in there. MOST of my personal parts swapping knowledge is from comparing websites listing parts (NOT shit like andysauto or ebay BTW)

Its part of the fun in building a hybrid setup, made of several motors. or a civic that ends up being 80% integra lol

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in