D16y8 #4 injector - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16y8 #4 injector

Can anyone shed light?

I recently purchased a 1998 civic, please bare with me. I believe it was once a d16y7 clearly by the cluster it was an aut but it was converted to a manual tranny and it has a d16y8 engine the vehicle has the iacv with 3 cables not 2 and the vetec selenoid is not conected the car has all kinfs of idle problems but i beleve it has the automatic throttle gasket in place and not the manual, my real problem is that i randomly get a missfire on #4 cylinder y checked my spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap, pick up coil, igniter etc. And all checks out, i have spark on the #4 cylinder but my injector is bad i checked for voltage on the conector and it checked good i dont have pulsation but it works for a while then it stops pulsating ans then works on and off. Btw i checked the conector and it is ok. Any input would be apreciated or any info on a diagram would be great. Oh also the ecu is a p2p from what i can bearly read.

Thanks guys
Quito16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Hi there. Just a bit of advice; punctuation makes it a lot easier to read and comprehend what you’re trying to say.

If you suspect that the #4 injector is bad, I’d rent a noid light from an auto parts store and make sure that the injector plug is getting the correct signal from the ECU.

You could also swap the injector to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 2 drtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropesdrtalon123 is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
You could also swap the injector to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows.
This /\/\/\, as long as the injector o-rings don't rip or crack, this is free to attempt! Just be careful with the injector o-rings, you should be OK. If the misfire follows to another cylinder, it's the injector.

If it doesn't, it's wiring related or an ECU issue. You said it's a D16Y8, so I'm assuming the original saturated (high resistance) injectors are there, there's no funky injector swapping/unknown injectors installed right? No one installed low impedance peak and hold injectors without the resistor box did they? That will fry the driver circuit in the ECU.

If swapping the injector does nothing and the issue remains at #4, do as paterico said and plug in a noid light. See if full pulse is dropping out. If it is, verify the entire #4 injector circuit from the injector connector to the ECU. Repair any issues found.

If the circuit checks good, attempt to attach the noid light closer to the ECU main connector (you will need to get creative to make this work, consult someone who is comfortable with wiring to do this if you are not). Make sure you cut or de-pin the wire that controls injector #4 before using the noid light at the ECU (this is a temporary measure to isolate the entire injector circuit away from the ECU while you are testing, re-attach after performing diagnostics).

If the noid light still drops out connected directly to the ECU, pretty solid chance the problem is inside the ECU. If the noid light pulses OK attached straight to the ECU, double and triple check your harness for issues.
drtalon123 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Hi guys,

Puntuation? Sorry i can speak english my spelling is not that great. Anyways, thank you both, i am not shure what injectors i have as i purchased this project as is, what i did do is remove the #4 injector and install a spare injector, for a brief moment it did not pulsate, i removed the spare injector and checked for pulsation with a tester and after a couple seconds it started pulsating, afterwards i conected the spare again and it was pulsating. I then conected the plug back on the #4 injector and drove the car home (1/2 mile aproxx) no issues so far. Btw i am a mecanic for our local kia dealer, if someone could point me in the direction as to where i can source a diagram for the D16y8 and D16y7 i am pretty shure i could resolve this. Guys i apreciate your inputs.
Quito16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Are you in the States? If so, you can send the injectors to me and I can tell you what they are doing.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in