D16Z6/D16Y8 Head/D16Z6 Comps Cam Timing - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16Z6/D16Y8 Head/D16Z6 Comps Cam Timing

Hey guys, so I've got a d16z6 fully built block with a d16y8 head with a d16z6 stage 1 comps cam.

I set the mechanical timing like you would for a z6 head with the cam gear lone bottom mark aiming at the back cover and the block obviously at the lone white mark. Car starts up good and actually runs great. I just had one doubt and one question.

My tune has 12 degrees on the idle section as it would be for a y8 head because I am running that head. Service port jumped. Idling at 750. D15B7 OBD1 distributor on a p28 ECU has to be advanced fully towards firewall for it to line up perfect with 12 degrees on the crank when I shine the timing light. Now, not saying that I did it wrong, car actually runs great, but I can't info anywhere if this would be correct when running a z6 cam on a y8 head.. distributor has to be advanced fully. I find info on y8 head with y8 cams and different setups, but not this. Please explain to me if this is correct and why, or if it's wrong and why.

Thanks again!

PS using d15b7 distributor because it has the exact same mounting points as a d16y8 distributor, but is obd1.
dgrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in