Looking for gauges - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Looking for gauges

I am looking to buy a 3 gauge kit that goes under the dash. Temp, Oil pressure, and Volts. But I bought a temperature gauge kit(My gauge is broke) and the sensor it came with was to big so I was hoping someone could direct me to a kit with sensors that arnt to big. The cars a 90 civic wagon, thanks
Irezel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

When you say your gauge broke, did it just stop working? Did you try and fix it at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
When you say your gauge broke, did it just stop working? Did you try and fix it at all?
Alternator went out and started over charging the system, blew all the bulbs, many fuses, the gauge, battery. The rest of the cluster works though. Ive tried replacing the temp sensor for the gauge and for the pc.(The two temp sensors on the passenger side of the head). Once I start the car, it just jumps to max temp.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

find a gauge cluster off ebay, some online salvage yards still sell them at a decent price.

I would first ohm-out the temp sensor on the thermostat housing.

There are technically 3 sensors, a simple fan switch, a ecu-only temp sensor, and a gauge sensor

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
find a gauge cluster off ebay, some online salvage yards still sell them at a decent price.

I would first ohm-out the temp sensor on the thermostat housing.

There are technically 3 sensors, a simple fan switch, a ecu-only temp sensor, and a gauge sensor
Cheapest Cluster I seen on ebay was 60 and its for an automatic car, the cheapest exact match one is 200. And none of my local yards even have any 88-91 civics, let alone wagons. The ECU and Gauge sensor were both replace and also tested and id assume the fan one is good cause the fan does kick on when the engine gets hot(reving it at 4k to test since no temp gauge). Id also like add extra info with the oil pressure and volts so I can maybe know why my car broke down next time lol. Also about 40 mins ago, I bought the gauges and a under dash pod for $60~, all digital
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in