OEM style ground wire kit? Bonus points for neon green - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 4 hondur is learning the way of the Dhondur is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default OEM style ground wire kit? Bonus points for neon green

I have seen these before and IDK what I'm doing wrong but all that I can find is universal kits. I need a D16Z6 manual coupe OEM-style kit of replacement ground wires
hondur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

you either want oem parts, or custom made. you cant have both

ground locations ^

or buy your own wires

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_saca...ic+ground+wire

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ground-Wire-...1Zi1sV&vxp=mtr

Honda Civic Specific Battery Cable Ground Wire Grounding System EG EK H2B B16 | eBay
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 4 hondur is learning the way of the Dhondur is learning the way of the D

I like the green cable, but they look like theyre exactly the same while the ground cables, A & B from Honda are different. Part numbers 32610-sr3-906 for A, valve cover to rad support and B 32601-sr3-003 trans to frame rail.

I can't find anything on eBay that matches Honda specs
Old 02-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

once again, do you want oem or do you want custom?

custom you can run larger gauge wire which is an UPGRADE.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

pretty simple fix.

buy bullz audio 4gauge wiring. The wiring itself is closer to 6gauge spec, but they use a pretty thick wire jacket, perfect for an engine bay.

buy crimp on connectors, anda cheap wire crimper, like ones you use with a hammer.

grab a torch and add solder to the joint.

Then buy wire sleeving in the color and design of your choice.

Or give me the number of wires and wire lengths you want, and I can make soem wires for you for a reasonable price, and you can sleeve it yourself. I have connectors and wiring, but no sleeving, and Im not gonna stock on sleeving for one person

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

From what I can tell Honda has absolutely no new OEM parts left. My old ground wires are totally shot, and I'd imagine almost all the used wires are all getting too tired to be worth it.

So OEM is out, especially if they're more expensive. I don't want custom, I don't want the wires tucked or to be any different from OEM specs. I want it to be like buying most things from the parts store, not Honda brand but exactly the way Honda made them. Of course, the one and only difference I am looking for is the color but I'd be okay with black wires anyway.

I'm gonna look for some good quality 4 or 6 gauge in the color I want, and some crimp on rings to solder and crimp on before putting heat shrink over the crimp of the ring. Either that or I'm gonna get the green wires batsloman and just pretend they're not different from what Honda wanted
Old 02-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

thicker gauge = upgrade......

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you dont need to waste money on fancy high quality wiring.

a lot fo the cheap ebay-offered stereo power cables are perfect, as they generally are SHIT for car audio due to being smaller than spec, but generally are THICKER jacket, perfect for weather-proofing.

my spool of BULLZ audio acts/performs like good 6gauge wiring, yet is sold as a thick ass 4gauge.

regardlesss, thicker wiring in general for your gorunding is good for the car. streonger, shorter startups menas the battery stays healthier, better alternator wiring means its never overcharging the battery (thin gauge wire=voltage drop, and can sometimes lead to burning out alternators). (not a problem at all if you dont have a big stereo)

Plus, having a good ground from engine to battery means ignition is a bit more stable, fires a bit cleaner, and in general, all lights are a tad brighter.

Build what you have!

Old 02-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

I think that 0 gauge damn near solid wire cost me 8$ for little less than 6ft. the copper terminal ends were free to me as I had found them in an old tool box. heat shrink and solder were also on hand. once I replaced my battery to ground, battery to fuse box, fuse box to alt, and starter to battery, I haven't had any issues. even with a subwoofer
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

just having fresh 8gauge or larger wiring is a benefit to have.

0 gauge battery to chassis is definitely helpful when pulling more than 500rms from a subwoofer setup, given our dinky alternators, unless you swapped and shimmed pulleys and ran a F/H alternator.

If I had to pick only 3 wires to do, it would be battery ground, starter positive, and engine to chassis ground

Build what you have!

Old 06-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

What gauge is the factory ground cable? I found green wire in the summit racing magazine but it only goes up to 10 gauge. It's also grass green not neon but whatever.

So I decided to relocate my battery to the trunk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in