Clutch does not come off floor - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 05:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Clutch does not come off floor

Hello,

I need help diagnosing my clutch issue.

My car is a Turbo d16y8

A few nights ago, i was driving home and my clutch was hesitant once or twice in a 50 mile drive to disengage.

Parked the car overnight and the next day got into it and the clutch was heavier to engage and disengaged very slowly, but still engaged.

Next day i pushed the clutch in for it to not return, instead just stayed on the floor.

Clutch was replaced 4 months ago, Master cylinder was replaced a month ago, slave cylinder was replaced yesterday and it was still not fixed. I bled the lines for over an hour to still no avail.

I'm stumped and have no clue what it could be.

The only thing i can see wrong currently is my hydraulic line has a small kink in it, but i wouldnt think that would cause it to happen basically overnight.

Please help
teerinity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2018, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Bent/Broken clutch fork. Have someone push in the clutch and watch what happens under the hood at the slave, that should tell you if the master/slave are working properly. Also look at the clutch fork and see if it's cracked or broken.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Bent/Broken clutch fork. Have someone push in the clutch and watch what happens under the hood at the slave, that should tell you if the master/slave are working properly. Also look at the clutch fork and see if it's cracked or broken.
Would this really cause it to happen overnight so quickly?
Old 02-15-2018, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

It happens over time, you described it getting worse and now not functioning at all. My money is on the fork, it's not a very beefy part. What kind of clutch are you running, I notice you have a turbo so I assume it's not a stock clutch.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
It happens over time, you described it getting worse and now not functioning at all. My money is on the fork, it's not a very beefy part. What kind of clutch are you running, I notice you have a turbo so I assume it's not a stock clutch.
Yes, it got worse over the span of 48 hours and only driving the car maybe 5 miles. It's an exedy oem replacement clutch
Old 02-15-2018, 06:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

It should be easy to figure out, go grab the clutch fork, you shouldn't be able to move it at all. And if you push the clutch in and you see the slave move the clutch fork and there is no resistance than you know that's the issue.

Honda-tech image. They can stress fracture over time, this one has many and one started to tear open.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

[quote=BeerDrinkin;5126441]It should be easy to figure out, go grab the clutch fork, you shouldn't be able to move it at all. And if you push the clutch in and you see the slave move the clutch fork and there is no resistance than you know that's the issue.

Honda-tech image. They can stress fracture over time, this one has many and one started to tear open.

I'll check this out when i get home.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Have you tried bleeding the clutch in reverse?

unhook the slave from the trans and fork, open the clutch master cover, and man-handle the slave backwards til you see fluid movement in the clutch reservoir?

since honda used a tiny ass tank, it will be hard to tell.

same thing if you open the bleeder slightly, you can get rid of a tiny pocket of air that can build up. push piston/rod in slowly while a friend tightens the bleeder.

If you are using stock clutch hardlines and softlines, make sure they are not clogged up with junk.

a reasonable priced part to remove the possibility is to grab a braided cable that goes directly from master to slave.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Any updates?

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
clutch, dseries, line, mastercylinder, slavecylinder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in