fan thermo switch wiring - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default fan thermo switch wiring

so a while back I built a new harness for my 1989 crx si with a brand new 1996 civic ex automatic harness. apparently I fucked up the fan thermo switch. Radiator fan works when the ac is on but will not come on any other time. back tracing it appears that for some reason I ran the green wire on the thermo switch to the a12 pin on the ecu, obd1 that is the radiator fan control. I suspect that the fan control and the switch need to go to the relay rather than to each other lol.

of course I cannot find a decent diagram of where these are supposed to go, or where they are supposed to join...

if I cannot get an answer easily I'm going to the junkyard and split harnesses lol

and yes I have a helms but NOT the wiring diagram supplement.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

On obd1 ecu the pin out for fan control is a12,it also splits and goes to the shock tower plug which then goes to the relay. the other wire in the plug goes to ground like thermostat housing.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2017, 03:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all

Ok im missing the connecting wire between the ecu/switch and the shock tower. Going to trace from the relay to the shock tower and get it connected i hope
Old 11-15-2017, 03:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If I remember right it in the plug that looks like the resistor box plug and should be on the pass side of the harness. It’s a green wire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 11-15-2017, 05:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

You are correct thank you sir. What I ended up doing is verifying with the multimeter that the connection from that square plug to the old obd0 harness plug and the relay all had continuity. Once I did that I then snipped the yellow and green wire off the old harness plug & T tapped it to a 12 on the new harness find the car up and at 200 the fans kicked on.

Easy fix for someone who knows and a pain in the butt without a complete wiring diagram.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yup pretty easy once you know. The green and yellow wires in that same obd0 plug are for reverse lights. Since you cut them reverse lights won’t work,just something to keep in mind when you notice that they don’t work you know where to look.

instagram @magicman9won4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in