Another PCV catchcan thread :/ - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Another PCV catchcan thread :/

Ok so I know this has been discussed a million and a half times and I've been doing quite a bit of research on the matter. I see most guys have tend to run a line from valve cover to can and black box to can with filter on top of can. I was wondering if I would get proper ventilation if i cap off the black box and only run off the valve cover. I am currently building a turbo Z6 and plan to break it in NA. The catch can I have only had 2 ports aside from the filter. I was hoping I could get away with running one to valve cover and the other to intake manifold while I am NA and then running 2 lines to valve cover once boosted. Will it be ok to run like this? Thanks.
NA1CAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2017, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

why would you run it to the intake manifold???

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

In an NA motor the pcv system will need vacuum to run to the can right?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I take it I should just run to the black box?
Old 10-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1CAM View Post
I take it I should just run to the black box?
if it has breather on it, then black box and vc can connect.
i just run it from the vc, but i only have 14 psi.

Quote:
Returned 9-22-2013.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
why would you run it to the intake manifold???
High performance motor (or future turbo motor in your case) = vented catch can

Primarily OEM motor = non vented

I’m totally a fan of keeping emissions equipment in place when there’s not a need to remove it but the last thing you want in a high performance engine is to suck that dirty shit in.

There’s enough blow by to vent the crankcase. Even with 1-3% cylinder leakage in my engine, I still see vapors coming out of my vented can at idle which tells me that at least some of those nasty hydrocarbons are making their way out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

So are you saying most guys that run 2 lines off of valve cover don't have a line to the black box port? The blow by is sufficient enough to vent the crankcase? I am aiming for low 400 hp and want to make sure it will be sufficient enough. Sounds like I may need to get a new can with 3 ports. 2 for vc and 1 for black box.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1CAM View Post
So are you saying most guys that run 2 lines off of valve cover don't have a line to the black box port? The blow by is sufficient enough to vent the crankcase? I am aiming for low 400 hp and want to make sure it will be sufficient enough. Sounds like I may need to get a new can with 3 ports. 2 for vc and 1 for black box.
no they use a 3 port catch can
make sure its vented. I think one from the vc should be enough.

Quote:
Returned 9-22-2013.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Get a fitting for the black box and run it to a vented can.
Valve cover to vented can.

Or run them to a sealed can that had a outlet to the turbo inlet.

1 port on the vavle cover is not enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2017, 04:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Alright thanks. A new can it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in