Suspected fuel line leak. What's it called? (photo). Wet injectors? (photo) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 curlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Suspected fuel line leak. What's it called? (photo). Wet injectors? (photo)

Hey everyone.

I took my car (1993 del Sol Si - built NA d16z6) for a little spin this evening and I thought I could smell fuel through the vents. I popped the hood and sure enough I found that the rubber fuel line that is on the right side of the fuel rail (when facing the motor) which connects to the metal fuel line and to the fuel rail is leaking. I recently had some work done on the motor and it appears that the tech has used a screw clamp to connect the rubber and metal hoses. What's this one called? Is it the return line?

I also took a peak at the injectors. They would have been pulled out of the y8 IM I was using to be installed in the Skunk2 IM I'm now using. I painted the body of the IM a flat black. It appears to be slightly "wet" around the injectors on the IM. I'm not sure if that's simply because of the flat black paint and is otherwise normal (I don't expect to see it on a silver IM) or does it appear to be leaking as well.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Honda Civic del Sol Si.
The old: NA d16z6 - 158whp - RIP May 22, 2017 (dropped exhaust valve)
The new: OBD1 JDM GSR 1.8L DOHC VTEC - 198whp, 138wtrq, Integra Type-R S80 LSD transmission.
curlybandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 curlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to allcurlybandit is a name known to all

I figured it out.

The wetness where the injectors are is the silicon lube used when the injectors were installed. It hasn't dried like fuel would therefore I'm certain that it's the lube.

The hose is the return fuel line. I'm pretty sure it's 5/16". The hard line looks a little worse for wear but still works. I think I'll try cutting the end of the hose where the suspected leak is and move the new end up the hard line. Hopefully this works for the track event I'm going to this weekend. Then I'll work on replacing the hard line and hose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The new: OBD1 JDM GSR 1.8L DOHC VTEC - 198whp, 138wtrq, Integra Type-R S80 LSD transmission.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

n00b forum?!

That's cold admin...

Old 05-17-2017, 04:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlybandit View Post
n00b forum?!

That's cold admin...
Seriously slo... come on dude.

Anyways the fuel leak on that return line I would do like you are thinking and cutting the end and moving it up, looks like enough slack to do it. The hard line has some rust but probably not under the hose end. Also use a better clamp, and make sure there is a barb at the end of that line and put the clamp right behind it.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlybandit View Post
n00b forum?!

That's cold admin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post

Anyways the fuel leak on that return line I would do like you are thinking and cutting the end and moving it up, looks like enough slack to do it. The hard line has some rust but probably not under the hose end. Also use a better clamp, and make sure there is a barb at the end of that line and put the clamp right behind it.
Right!?

Thanks for the advice.

[quote=slo_eg8;5082177]

Pass the Sriracha.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

For the record, anyone with the name Will (Slo) is an asshole.

Sincerely,
William.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dougshatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
For the record, anyone with the name Will (Slo) is an asshole.

Sincerely,
William.
Because Batman give ZERO fucks.

My kanjozoku project

dougshatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

That's what happens when you pay someone to work on your car instead of doing the work yourself. Why is there a screw clamp on there when the stock one is right next to it? Guessing because it looks like they ruined it.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

see, these guys get it.

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
That's what happens when you pay someone to work on your car instead of doing the work yourself. Why is there a screw clamp on there when the stock one is right next to it? Guessing because it looks like they ruined it.
1. He's a good friend and exceptionally good licensed mechanic.

2. I don't have the time necessary to dedicate to every aspect of my favourite hobby.

3. Because I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
see, these guys get it.

I respect the honesty.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

the tech who put that clamp on your fuel line is a RE RE

go to the partsstore and buyy a fuel line clamp. its smooth all around, to provide even and complete clamping force. regular worm clamps like that cause leaks more often than fixing them

heres a google pic of a fuel clamp

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
the tech who put that clamp on your fuel line is a RE RE

go to the partsstore and buyy a fuel line clamp. its smooth all around, to provide even and complete clamping force. regular worm clamps like that cause leaks more often than fixing them

heres a google pic of a fuel clamp
Already purchased.

Thank you!

Old 05-17-2017, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Glad you got it fixed. Sometimes it's best to take the time for yourself.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

at least it was a easy fix
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscrx View Post
at least it was a easy fix
Thankfully. I'm taking it to the track for the first time this year on Monday (May 22). Would have been pissed if it were worse...

In fairness to Slo, I did hit the panic button a little early in making this thread. I think a few more minutes of investigation and I could have sorted this out without the need to ask for help.

But this forum has been integral in my never-ending build. What better place to ask for help when you're afraid you're going to miss track day!!!

Old 05-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

hence why it was sent to the noob forum. you figured it out with time and corrected the issue yourself......there is a method to my madness.

so, if yall don't mind, can I send it back to the noob graveyard?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Why, is this not techie enough for the tech post?

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Sac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow up

Proper fuel clamp selection is pretty technical.
Sac*HXy5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in