Downpipe fabrication - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 anomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Downpipe fabrication

So I had a shitty tubular manifold and naturally it cracked. I swapped to a cast manifold and now my 3" downpipe doesn't clear. It's super tight, I've done a ton of searches, emailed go-auto, and got my welder guy to come look at it. I'm looking for suggestions. I'd prefer to keep the 3" and turbo routing if possible.
IMG_20170418_101329690_HDR by Anomolix, on Flickr
IMG_20170418_103028933_HDR by Anomolix, on Flickr
IMG_20170419_145945934_HDR by Anomolix, on Flickr
anomolix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I went the same route as you did.. But I went 2.5 until it was past the oil pan, then went to 3" all the way back.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you can. The 2.5" wont hold you back either.

Fi you have a welder, do pie cuts and make that sht look badass.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 anomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
I went the same route as you did.. But I went 2.5 until it was past the oil pan, then went to 3" all the way back.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you can. The 2.5" wont hold you back either.

Fi you have a welder, do pie cuts and make that sht look badass.
I think the best option would be to just save and get the c ram from go-auto. I would pie cut but my welding is crap lol.
anomolix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

It sounds ghetto but in the meantime can you clock your Rad. A bit towards the passenger side firewall, like kinda cockeye if you catch my drift. I mean I know it's ghetto but you'll be able to drive your car without any immediate fab until you save for the new manifold.

Edit: I see a cable to hydro conversion which tells me you have some sort of ED/EF shell, that being said you can totally do it, zip ties my friend, it's what I did with the half size rad. In my Rex after the b swap lol

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry

Last edited by Staypuff578; 04-20-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Flip your turbo around 180 degrees!!! Compressor facing radiator.
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Examples:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d16 cast 2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	120409   Click image for larger version

Name:	d16 cast.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	120417   Click image for larger version

Name:	d16 cast 3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	120425  
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in