D13Y8 mini me comp ratio issues - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D13Y8 mini me comp ratio issues

Hi guys, need some advise on my mini me head swap, the swap is D13B4 stock block with D16Y8 head, I am using VAFC to activate the vtec with a stock non vtec ecu, it runs fine but ths issue is with comp ratio that I found it decreasing from 9.75:1 down to 8.5:1 this is bcoz the head chamber of D16y8 are bigger by 2cc which is 32.80cc to compare from the stock D13B4 head that is 30.80cc, what should I do to restore or add back the comp ratio as the low end feels like shit!high comp pistons or thin metal head gaskets?
Soulrippa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

1. Higher compression pistons
2. Mill the head
3. Thinner headgasket

All depends on how cheap you want to be.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 anomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico58204 View Post
1. Higher compression pistons
2. Mill the head
3. Thinner headgasket

All depends on how cheap you want to be.
I don't think that's going to get him back to 9.75. With p29's, a y8 mls, and .030 off the head he's still not into the 8's. According to the zeal at least.
anomolix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I decided to just throw this bloody d13b4 block n replace it with d16a7 block which I can get it for like $120, see if it makes a different on the CR
Soulrippa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 anomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebody

Yeah, that would be a better choice. I think you're the same guy I talked to on facebook about this. You said you had p08 pistons right? Well now you'll be approx 8.5:1. BUT, you could ditch those pistons for one of honda's other alternatives and get you pretty much whatever c/r you wanted, so long as the piston to valve/deck height is compatible. p29's will put you at 12.6:1. Not sure of the fuel quality where you're from though so that might not be wise on pump gas.
anomolix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in