New week New problem. About to give up on her - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation New week New problem. About to give up on her

I swear every week its a new issue...or maybe I'm messing with the car too much...

Alright. went to auto store to get a brake tool for the rear drums i planned on installing today..did the front last night so when i noticed a little white smoke at gas station i figured they were hot. Still, popped the hood and didn't see ANYTHING...no obvious signs. not even a smell...buy some brake grease thinking i'm burning them or rubbing etc. when I get home and reverse into the garage i closely look inside the motor when i see 1 drop of coolant on the ground...did my best to follow it. and traced it right back to where it gave me problems last month..right under the distributor almost as if it were coming out of the hose.its not gushing, but it is leaking....overflow was very low yet no overheating...(gauge) is working...i've got some pictures to show...I don't want to say headgasket this early on...but my next purchase today was going to be new heater hose because it just looked shady and noticed some dampness torwards the end of the hose near the firewall...anyone experience the same? and yes before the flaming begins i did use bondo at the time hoping to plug it up...its now off...

also, when the first happened over the summer I used this product assuming it was head gasket.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....SR234,320_.jpg

Not big on additives as a cure all I just wanted it to make it until i have the $$ for a new motor all together...plus it said double money back and cost around 55$ so why not? - Im tempted to pour the rest in there my car requires maybe 1/3 of the bottle...Need some advice because with this issue i'm not going to throw much more $$ at it...just order a motor, and pay a shop and be done...and faster..

link is to an album of pictures...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EU?usp=sharing
2kEj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

The links don't work for me. Is it possible the hose is just bad?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Get a new OEM hose and clamps and clean any build up or corrosion on the ends where the hose slips on.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in