Ckp wiring - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ckp wiring

When I extended my 2 wires from the distributor to c1 and c2, should I have used shielded wire?
And also, why is it that on the obd0 to obd1 jumper, the shielded o2 wire is connected to one of the ckp wires? The white o2 wire in my engine harness is longer used and instead there is a white wire on the sub harness for the o2. O2 is hooked up correctly with no codes. Now just the code 4. I just rerun new wire from blue/Green and blue/yellow to c1 and c2, and have tried 2 different distributors.
ef89hatch28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Did you do all this?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Did you do all this?

Yes, except I ran my injector wires differently. I ran all 4 injector wires straight to the ecu and spliced them into my jumper harness at the correct pins. And ran the other 4 to ecu. I believe it was a25 that 4 wires went to since I'm not using a resistor box.
I just ran new wires to the distributor today using shielded wire from my parts harness and no difference.
Also, the picture is calling it a cyl position sensor. Isn't it the crank sensor, or same thing?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

It's the same. Check the jumper harness,I've seen them go bad and have odd issues.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'll check that today. Rather than put pins in c1 and c2 for the distributor wires I just spliced them into the corresponding wires in the jumper harness.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

On OBD1 and OBD2 MPFI distributors you have CKP, CYP and TDC (each one has 2 wires). CKP (CranK Position) and CYP (CYlinder Position) are NOT the same. Never had an OBD0 dizzie in my hands though - I assume it's the same thing there when they're MPFI..
Just to make it clear. Not the same thing. I presume you have to have both wired correctly.
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2017, 05:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
On OBD1 and OBD2 MPFI distributors you have CKP, CYP and TDC (each one has 2 wires). CKP (CranK Position) and CYP (CYlinder Position) are NOT the same. Never had an OBD0 dizzie in my hands though - I assume it's the same thing there when they're MPFI..
Just to make it clear. Not the same thing. I presume you have to have both wired correctly.
I'm using an obd1 z6 dizzy as well as p28 ecu. Code 4 is for ckp, which is what the 2 extended wires are for (blue/Green and blue/yellow)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Is there continuity from the ECM to the dizzie for the new shielded wires? Did you hook the shielding up to the other cable's shielding or its grounding cable?
Did you double check the pinning of those cables at the dizzie and ECU (they're not pinned to the wrong spots or maybe reversed?) and your jumper (you mentioned the O2 wire beeing hooked up to the CKP wire??)? What kind of dizzie is it? Aftermarket or OEM? Aftermarket ones tend to throw a CEL - even when brand new - because they screwed something up there with the sensors.
Could you try another P28?

Are you sure you wired it correctly?

From what I see, there's different pinouts - CKP should be referred to as "crank angle sensor" here.. maybe you have to change your wiring again or at least mod your jumper harness?

Last edited by Blues; 02-23-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Is there continuity from the ECM to the dizzie for the new shielded wires? Did you hook the shielding up to the other shielding or its grounding cable?
Did you double check the pinning of those cables (they're not reversed?) and your jumper (you mentioned the O2 wire beeing hooked up to the CKP wire??)? What kind of dizzie is it? Aftermarket or OEM? Aftermarket ones tend to throw a CEL - even when brand new - because they screwed something up there with the sensors.
Could you try another P28?
Shielding is grounded to the thermostat, I'll make sure the pins in the dizzy clip are tight but I know there are in the ecu because I've gone over that a dozen times lol. The wires on the jumper are going to the correct obd1 p28 pins. I've tried 2 dizzys but I just got another oem one at the junkyard that I'll try. I do have another p28 but it is chipped for a z6 turbo set up. I did plug it in just to see if it would throw the same code and it did.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Did you route the wires for the CKP and CYP directly to the right pin on the ECU or did you route them to the jumper harness? Because in one of the OBD0 pinouts I found there, the CYP uses C1 and C2 while the CKP is using B10 and B12. Maybe you got them mixed up and they're connected to the wrong terminals on the ECU? And what is it with the O2 sensor wire hooked up to the CKP one? Did you seperate that?

Let's first wait for the results with the oem dizzy.. if it's still persistent, check your wiring again. Though I still bet it's the wiring.

Blu/grn and blu/yel from the dizzy need to go to B15 and B16 on OBD1 ECU plugs. Orn and wht need to go to B11 and B12 on OBD1 ECU plugs. Check if your jumper harness does that or if it messes stuff up (or maybe you did by pinning the OBD0 plugs differently).

The ECU was okay before? Or don't you know if it's still good?

Last edited by Blues; 02-23-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you route the wires for the CKP and CYP directly to the right pin on the ECU or did you route them to the jumper harness? Because in one of the OBD0 pinouts I found there, the CYP uses C1 and C2 while the CKP is using B10 and B12. Maybe you got them mixed up and they're connected to the wrong terminals on the ECU? And what is it with the O2 sensor wire hooked up to the CKP one? Did you seperate that?

Let's first wait for the results with the oem dizzy.. if it's still persistent, check your wiring again.
I will try the junk yard dizzy today and I'll also take a picture of the wiring when I get home too. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in