Code 4 problems - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Code 4 problems

Got my d16a (d16z6) in my ef. All wiring run except for the O2 sensor. The 2 extended distributor wires are run to obd1 pins b15 and b16, which are for cpk. I've triple checked these 2 wires. There are no breaks, kinks, or bare spots. The only thing I can think is they are a tiny bit smaller gauge than the wires they're coming off of on the distributor.
What else may cause this code 4 and limp mode? Would my next course of action be to buy a new distributor?
ef89hatch28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

I think there's are the 2 wires that can be switched as there's 2 white wires,but one is thicker then the other. If this is the case try switching the wires. If that doesn't work make sure you have a good connection to be the distributor and Ecu. You may need a new distributor. If you can try a known good one that will save you some time and money.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
I think there's are the 2 wires that can be switched as there's 2 white wires,but one is thicker then the other. If this is the case try switching the wires. If that doesn't work make sure you have a good connection to be the distributor and Ecu. You may need a new distributor. If you can try a known good one that will save you some time and money.
I'm trying to see if anyone has one for sale here locally. I know what 2 white wires you're talking about, those both have their designated color wires that they go to.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Could this be my crank sensor problem? Not sure what this part is but I believe it is just a magnetic pickup. But the wire is slightly broke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170213_213903.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	117642   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170213_213932.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	117650  
Old 02-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

That could be your problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 02-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
That could be your problem.
What is this magnetic sensor?
Old 02-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I think one is crank sensor and the other is tdc sensor but not 100% sure

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 02-16-2017, 04:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

You got three of these in there: CKP, CYP and TDC. Each one has a different gear with a different number of teeth they pick up their signal from. Repair it (temporarily, for example with some electrical tape - just to see if it helps) or rather replace it, this is most likely what's causing your problem.
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 04:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

I will try that. I am picking up a distributor saturday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in