Wiring problems help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory General Tech

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

This is my d16a block, z6 head, in my ef hatch.
Ok, not knowing what all the sensors are called may make this a little more confusing. First, what is this sensor on the thermostat housing? And why is there a similar one on the front of the motor head below where the upper radiator hose goes. I know this sensor by the radiator hose is the one that I extend from the back of the motor.
Sorry the pics uploaded sideways

Also, the connector that I have plugged in on the first pic may or may not go there. It's just what reached and fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170125_084411.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	351.4 KB
ID:	116313   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170125_084424.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	116321  

Last edited by slo_eg8; 01-25-2017 at 09:35 AM.
ef89hatch28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 05:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 ef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enoughef89hatch28 will become famous soon enough

I did a little research. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. The fan switch is not on the front of the motor under the upper radiator hose, it is on the thermostat housing. So that plug that I have on the thermostat housing does not go there. These wires on my first pic go to the sensor under the upper rad hose. Still not sure what that sensor goes to. Then I still have the plug that Iwill remove from the fan switch to figure out.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JPEG_20170125_090400.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	363.0 KB
ID:	116329   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170125_090413.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	116337  
Old 01-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

The single wire one on the head is for the temp gauge on the cluster the one beside it is your temp sensor for the ecu and the one on the thermostat is for your fan
apexboogs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexboogs24 View Post
The single wire one on the head is for the temp gauge on the cluster the one beside it is your temp sensor for the ecu and the one on the thermostat is for your fan
Awesome thank you. Now the connector that I had plugged in on the thermostat obviously doesn't go there. So where does it go? I can't find any other plug for it that it will reach. It seems like I read somewhere that putting a vtec mini me in a dpfi car, you are left with one extra connector that doesn't go anywhere.

Also, the first pic in my 3rd post, there are a bunch of wires. 2 go to the temp sensor to the ecu, 2 are my reverse lights (had to solder the sensor from my other harness) and that one underneath that has a but connector connecting a yellow to green wire I assume is the O2 sensor wire

So, I figured out the alt wire, starter wire, and had help with those other few sensors. The only thing left is that extra connector hanging out down below the intake manifold.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 01-25-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

In your first pic that's the fan switch. The plug you have on it in the pic is wrong and is for the ect (engine coolant temp)sensor. The fan switch and wires for the a6 are in the back of the block above the oil filter. The wires will be in a black rubber boot. If you use the fan switch in the thermostat housing you will need to wire in the plug for it to the stock wiring.

The single wire on the side of the head is water temp for the gauge cluster. The one next to it is the ect sensor.

The plug you have plugged into the fan switch in the thermostat housing lookis to be for the iacv. The wires in your 3rd pic of the red/white and green/white wires are the ect wires. The other 2 wires in that plug look to be reverse light switch.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

The wires I have in the ect are temporary. I will solder in the correct plug. With everything plugged in where it goes, I'm still left with one extra
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JPEG_20170125_144005.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	116537   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170125_144018.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	116545   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170125_144030.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	116553   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG_20170125_144043.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	116561  
Old 01-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
In your first pic that's the fan switch. The plug you have on it in the pic is wrong and is for the ect (engine coolant temp)sensor. The fan switch and wires for the a6 are in the back of the block above the oil filter. The wires will be in a black rubber boot. If you use the fan switch in the thermostat housing you will need to wire in the plug for it to the stock wiring.

The single wire on the side of the head is water temp for the gauge cluster. The one next to it is the ect sensor.

The plug you have plugged into the fan switch in the thermostat housing lookis to be for the iacv. The wires in your 3rd pic of the red/white and green/white wires are the ect wires. The other 2 wires in that plug look to be reverse light switch.
I don't think the plug I had in the fan in my first pics was for the ect, since the cut off wires in a later pic were for the ect.
I have:
Ect: green/white and red/white
Cluster temp: yellow/Green
Coolant temp in thermo housing: yellow/Green and black
Reverse: yellow and green/black
Tps: yellow, green/white, red/blue
Iat: red/yellow and green/white
Iacv: blue/yellow and black/yellow

Then the extra one is orange and black/yellow
Old 01-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef89hatch28 View Post
I don't think the plug I had in the fan in my first pics was for the ect, since the cut off wires in a later pic were for the ect.
I have:
Ect: green/white and red/white
Cluster temp: yellow/Green
Coolant temp in thermo housing: yellow/Green and black
Reverse: yellow and green/black
Tps: yellow, green/white, red/blue
Iat: red/yellow and green/white
Iacv: blue/yellow and black/yellow

Then the extra one is orange and black/yellow

Those wires colors and location are right with the exception to the iacv,it should be yellow/black. I'm not seeing the orange and black/yellow wire in the pic you posted. Not sure what it's for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 01-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

These. One of them goes to the iacv and one is the "extra". They both fit the iacv so either one could go there
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JPEG_20170125_152458.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	116569  
Old 01-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

The only other plug on the back of the motor that could also fit (same plug type) is this one
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JPEG_20170125_152638.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	116577  
Old 01-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

I guess it's different for obd0
Looks like the one with the orange wire is only used for dpfi
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	JPEG_20170125_154124.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	116593  

Last edited by ef89hatch28; 01-25-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

The green plug with the blue/yellow and black yellow wires is for the iacv
The other plug I'm not sure about as it's could be something just for dpfi only.
The last pic is the iat (intake air temp)sensor and wire colors should be red/yellow and green/white.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 01-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

The picture resized too small so here is the link.
https://www.civicwagon.com/showthrea...eed-is-in-Here
Old 01-25-2017, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

It looks like I've got all the wiring figured out. I have to solder in the proper connector for the coolant temp sensor, then drop the motor in and run my injector wires, extend map sensor.
I have to wait to get a dizzy jumper harness to run those 2 wires.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well, I ordered an obd0 to obd1 dizzy jumper. I went to put it on, and I noticed that I don't have a z6 distributor. That explains why my injector wires were spliced together putting 4 wires into 2. The PO somehow had a z6 in a crx running dpfi I guess.
Anyways, judging by this picture, this is not a z6 dizzy, but a dpfi dizzy.
My question is, should I get an obd0 si distributor that will plug right into my harness? Or get a z6 dizzy and use the jumper? Which would be easier to bolt up. I assume most people just use the z6 dizzy in this case.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I would use the z6 distributor and jumper but you will need to use an obd1 Ecu. I say to use the z6 distributor cause it bolts up to the z6 head no problem.

I don't know if there's an obd0 distributor that will bolt to the z6 head.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 01-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Ya I have 2 p28 ecu's. One is socketed and one is virgin. I originally thought this was a z6 distributor until I went to plug it in.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Ya I have 2 p28 ecu's. One is socketed and one is virgin. I originally thought this was a z6 distributor until I went to plug it in.
I forgot to say make sure you have the right obd0 side of the distributor jumper. Dpfi to obd1 or mpfi to obd1

Side note what injectors are you using?

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 01-28-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Quote:
I forgot to say make sure you have the right obd0 side of the distributor jumper. Dpfi to obd1 or mpfi to obd1

Side note what injectors are you using?
I've done the dp-mpfi conversion already. Just have to run the wires to the ecu now. And run the dizzy wires to c1 and c2. I've been at a stand still because I just got all my jumper harnesses in the mail today. Stock z6 injectors for now. Going to run it NA for a month or so
Old 01-28-2017, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Oh and I have to run the wire to a12 since I'm not using a resistor box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in