Mainfold question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Mainfold question

Yo I see alot of high horsepower d's running topmounts.i think they look good i know equal length is better then log but why is it that most d's are useing them?
Mr.Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 nitroice40 is learning the way of the Dnitroice40 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

logs are cheaper to buy
nitroice40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D

but equal length is way better i say just save the hat ever extra and get one. yeah logs work but i hear its like a 20 hp difference in the two.

Last edited by Mr.Si; 11-03-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

are you serious a 100 dollar manifold that will take you to 400hp or a 900 dollar topmount that is shiny and bling bling but functional what is the point of this thread do tell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFjuBEUE-qg&NR=1

what im trying to say is they are more free flowing then logs thats all.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

and who does not know that I dont need to click that link to figure that out and ss logs suck IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

that was like a myth busters on mani's haha
Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

lolol.i hear ya man. what im asking is i see alot of top mounts on fast d series.is top mount a good manifold or doesnt matter
Old 11-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hi hater!

There good and so are the mini ram and full ram all have been on fast cars. The mini ram is to me the most bang for your buck they give decent mid to low range but still give you top end as well if you dd the car as well

Old 11-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Si View Post
lolol.i hear ya man. what im asking is i see alot of top mounts on fast d series.is top mount a good manifold or doesnt matter
Its a fad. Kinda like horn speakers on donks and just like hf manifolds everyone was using them! Then it was ssautochrome/xspower before we got wise. Then we moved onto making our own with whitey bends. After that you could buy a DIY kit for a log but the ramhorn came along and owned all. OF course we can't forget the miniram the medusa the wtf is that and the dohickey whatchmacallit. Unfortunatly those all bow down to the all mighty topmount god now until another creation comes along...the dual sidemount fog light "eat at the y" twin turbo manifold.

Bottom line, use whatever the hell your wallet can afford. They all have potential to make great numbers!

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

kool.i go for what works over what looks pretty.but i would love to have the obx style. everybody says they are shit tho.well ya never know.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Oh god......................There is a reason they tell you its a crap mani go with quality hit up go autoworks or rc autoworks

Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

obx is like 1 step better than ebay knockoffs...more like a 1/4 step... dont waste your money on an obx if funds are short ebay cast mani has been proven to make ok power on the super cheap. otherwise go with a name you can trust like go-autoworks or rc autoworks. its better and CHEAPER to buy 1 slightly more expensive one than to buy two or three shit ones that keep breaking due to thin steel, shitty welds, and bad supports

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 03:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
FAMILY MEMBER #316

rattmann316 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rattmann316

another fail of a thread

New Whip: 94 DX Hatch w/ 64k original miles and no power steering.
Xbox Gamertag: Rattmann316
(if you tryin to get moked out in COD4)
rattmann316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

While I have no problem believing that equal length runners with nice smooth bends will make power over a log manifold, I do find it hard to believe a top mount has any real benefits over a good rams horn manifold. There may be advantages/disadvantages to one over the other as far as turbo placement and piping goes, but you certainly don't need a top mount to have a fast D-seies. As far as quality goes, it's already been said. Spend the $$$ for the real deal:

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah i hear ya i was just wondering because i see top mounts every where.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

How many D's have top mounts ?

IMO you see a lot more high HP B's with them. That reason is because they make more power.

How much HP are you looking for? Don't buy something you'll never use.

1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Si View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFjuBEUE-qg&NR=1

what im trying to say is they are more free flowing then logs thats all.
Thats not a controlled test it doesn't mean shit

Original Owner 92 Si Hatch.
eghatchowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

im aiming for 300 to 350.i know its all in the way i dive and my build and tune.i still have some questions for my build tho.hear in anchorage you only drive your car for half the year.during the winter ya just save up and tune.so i have a good 6 to 8 months to get my shit right.ive been trying to join turbod16.com but i never get the activation email.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

plus their is only a handful of dynos hear.my buddy vince built his y8 up and was killing everybody until he melted a piston.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY6JK4lGzrg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in