Shopping around - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ğ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ğ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to İurbow
Default Shopping around

I am currently in the sand box and gonna finish my motor when i get back so i have been doing some searching around.I am looking into this turbo
http://www.blaastperformance.com/index.php
with this mani...
http://spaturbousa.com/home//index.p...mart&Itemid=60

thoughts on both?

if you dont know my HP goals are 300+

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
İurbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

for me both links lead to a vague lineup of parts....

talk to greg from go autoworks.. hell hook you up with everything you need, plus hes a sponsor here so your helping out the site

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

im not a fan of blaast and neither link shows any specific item
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 İurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatnessİurbow is approaching greatness

humm... i'm not sure why my links did that but i'm looking at this mani....
http://spaturbousa.com/home//index.p...mart&Itemid=60
(if it dont work) it is a SPA top mount cast mani and a T3/t04E 57 trim..
http://www.blaastperformance.com/index.php

Old 11-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

for the manifold,i tihnk hes refering to

not sure about the turbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

where on blaasts page do you see a t3/to4e 57 trim
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

also your gonna need some rod for that engine to hit 300hp
Old 11-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
talk to greg from go autoworks.. hell hook you up with everything you need, plus hes a sponsor here so your helping out the site
^^^^^

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

go to Turbochargers>350-500hp. Then scroll down and you will see the t3/t4E 57. the "0" was a typo

yea, that is the exact mani i am looking into getting.

haha, its gonna be a fully built bottom end. I have been around a while i know a little about what i'm doing. I'm just throwing this up for opinions.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

As far as the Spa manifold goes, I don't think anyone on here is running one. Here's the Td16 thread that will lead to the two H-T threads:

http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43646

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

has anybody delt with Blaast?

Old 11-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

CrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the skyCrazyConscious is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by İurbow View Post
I had my e-bay turbo rebuilt by them, no complaints.

boosted D16Z6 :shocked:
Quote:
Honestly, I would piss on his door handles. Regularly, like his door was my personal bathroom.
CrazyConscious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

cool.... they look like they have the best deal i can get.

If i am wrong someone please speak up.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
insert user title here

Rep Power: 51 drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !drunkinmaster1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to drunkinmaster1 Send a message via Yahoo to drunkinmaster1

as far as pricing goes, they seem to have the best for the rebuilt turbos that i could find.
from what i could remember that topmount was a very spendy piece for a cast manifold that would just increase spool time.
be a bit more descriptive about your goals. 300+ hp is a bit vague.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

well....

300whp is my around about goal. 12's or better is more like a specific goal. I plan on doing this by...

using some of my current mods......
-vitara/eagle rod bottom end
-3angle valve job
-y8 tranny w/LSD
-HONDATA

-all of the other necessary mods of corse.

yea, i know that the mani is a little high for a cast. I just like the top mount factor. I'll be keeping A/C so i'll be working with clearance issues with whatever i do. i'm thinking that by going with a cast mani it will spool a little faster

i'm always open to suggestions though...

Old 11-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
i have never delt with blaas but i would not chance it here is a few rewviews i remember reading
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=94269.0
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=88401.0
there are mixed results some say good some say bad im not going to risk it but im not telling you not too. personally i would go with greg or ebay ching chong chow
Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
I bought my last turbo from them. It was a 60-1 turbo with a stage 5 wheel. Arrived, and looked perfect. Put it on.. but about a month later my cheap ebay bov shit the bed and caused compressor surge on the turbo. I sent it back because all his turbos come with 6 month warrenty and the seals were blown on it, he sent me back a brand new one. Over a year later and the turbo is still going strong.

A friend of mine ordered lots of turbos and other parts from them and never had any problems.

Im going to give them a thumbs up for great customer service, cheap prices and good turbos.
I would deffinately buy from them again.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
well....

300whp is my around about goal. 12's or better is more like a specific goal. I plan on doing this by...

using some of my current mods......
-vitara/eagle rod bottom end
-3angle valve job
-y8 tranny w/LSD
-HONDATA

-all of the other necessary mods of corse.

yea, i know that the mani is a little high for a cast. I just like the top mount factor. I'll be keeping A/C so i'll be working with clearance issues with whatever i do. i'm thinking that by going with a cast mani it will spool a little faster

i'm always open to suggestions though...
hondas already have a 3 angle valvejob

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
hondas already have a 3 angle valvejob
huh.... that is a new one to me.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

anyone else have any input on this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in