help choosing rods - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 brisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Talking help choosing rods

okay im starting my d16z6 turbo build and iv got a set of vitara pistons on the way .. i had intended to use the stock rods with them since im only wanting about 200-250whp but iv been informed that u cant use the stock rods with the vitara pistons??

so what is the cheapest possible rods i can get that i can use the vitaras with??
possibly ls rods or something?
brisk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 BustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropesBustyRucket is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

FJT FTW!
http://fjdistributors.com/index.php

Use the Search function next time. But yea, I've got FJT H-Beam rods in my DD and they are champs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BustyRucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 sohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropessohc_sol is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

If you wanna use stock rods dont waste your time doing vitaras... The stock rods will go before the stock pistons do.

If you want cheap rods to use with vitaras then check out tuner toys H-Beams... Next would be eagles for a little more $$. Both of those will net very low compression with vitaras.

Or for about the same price as the eagles you can get custom length rods from FJT here on the site that are slighty longer and will net a little higher compression with the vitaras... around 9:1 i believe.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

You can use stock rods but they will need machining to be able to be converted for a floating wrist pin..

If you want to use H beams there is another choice other than TT and Eagles and that would be our Standard H Beam rods (FJ R SPEC).. ALso there is the Custom length I beams rods for the vitaras.
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 srslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to allsrslygrowup is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

dude...that doesn't even make any sense. The weakest link in the bottom end is the connecting rods...why would you get aftermarket pistons, but not rods? Even if you could use the stock rods with the Vitara's, that wouldn't make any sense. Anyway, if you're getting Vitaras I'd get the longer I beam rods, if you can still get them. If not, just go with some good ol' trusty H beam forged rods.

It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I don't care.
srslygrowup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 brisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebodybrisk is almost a somebody

yeah it dose sound alittle dumb its just that i forgot to include the rods in my shopping list and now iv only got like 200$ for da rods
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
turn up tha boost !

Rep Power: 14 NOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

did you forget the chassis on your shopping list??

if not, no telling what else you forgot

get a credit card

OMG!!
stupid question

Noobs get a [email protected]!*
Here:

NOSAJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

I think Ls Rods would work too but I don't know exactly which ones.
What size did you get the Pistons?

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Here's another option, Eagles for $289

https://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=99662

That's the same as FJT's H-beams, although I would spend the little extra for the custom length I-beams from FJT

Last edited by Aragorn; 10-30-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

yeah i think im just gonna pick up some eagle rods off ebay for 260ish

im only looking for about 200-250whp which i think i could get from a completely stock motor but knowing me in the future i will want more and i midaswell just build for 300+whp that way i can just turn up the boost later
Old 10-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

I'm in the same boat as you kinda. I don't have vitara's ( I might go forged) and I'm not necessarly looking for the cheapest rod but yeah, I'm with you on eagle rods. I don't exactly feel 100% confident in the fjt or TT rods. no offensive.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
fjt
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 fjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eaglefjt is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 44 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Here's another option, Eagles for $289

https://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=99662

That's the same as FJT's H-beams, although I would spend the little extra for the custom length I-beams from FJT
Talk to me.. I can give you a D-series.org first time member hook up on the rods..

so i can give you a bit better deal than $289 on the H beams... Even though for the vitaras i would go with the custom length beams which are on special for $322
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in