So if i were to boost... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic
Default So if i were to boost...

This is purely hypothetical but if i were to boost the auto what turbo you all recommend? Mods will be a bisi cam of either the level1 or custom, ported Y8 manifold and probably a 2.25in exhuast with maybe a cutout not sure yet. Ive been leaning towards either a t25 or t3 .45trim not sure yet. im lookin to make maybe 170hp and no more than probably 7 or 8psi. Id like to have full spool by about 3500. I want the quick spool obv. cuz of the auto. It needs to be AC and PS compatible aswell.
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

tdo4 from a greddy kit awesome turbo for our motors if Im not mistaken its a t2 flange. And you would be my bitch if you where to go boost hahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I believe a T3 with a good tune would net your 170whp goal very easily, exceed is more like it, but I'd consider a bigger exhaust for boost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrandonPettit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

that would be perfect for a mx6 turbo

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Can a slowmatic be tuned?

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

save the money to convert to a 5 speed man its the best mod you can do at the moment aside from boost.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes1992Si is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I would think by now some one of the after market tranny companies would have something out there for your trans.

Check out the adds in the magazines and see if you can find something.

1992Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

from what i've read on here from several people that know there shit is that the auto trannys can hold right around 150whp anything after that and your tranny will take a shit. swap to a five speed and then boost it. if you wanna boost i say shoot a bit lower like 150whp and a small turbo t25 or somthin like that that will get you to full boost sooner since your not looking for big numbers

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post
Can a slowmatic be tuned?
yeah but the OBDII motors have to use a piggyback of some sort, im going to use the emanage or emanage ultimate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992Si View Post
I would think by now some one of the after market tranny companies would have something out there for your trans.

Check out the adds in the magazines and see if you can find something.
lvl10 has stuff but my god its outrageous
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
from what i've read on here from several people that know there shit is that the auto trannys can hold right around 150whp anything after that and your tranny will take a shit. swap to a five speed and then boost it. if you wanna boost i say shoot a bit lower like 150whp and a small turbo t25 or somthin like that that will get you to full boost sooner since your not looking for big numbers
they can take more than that you just need to run a trans cooler. There someone here running one on an A6/Y8 mini-me with nitrous running 13's. I honestly dont want to go 5spd, id rather keep this for all the city/traffic driving i do, id be shifting way to much
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....

auto tranny go boom. not gonna see more then 150. any it will mostly be lost in the tranny anyway. and piggy backs are not very good. convert to obd1 and chip the ecu. much better option. in the end it wont be worth boosting it.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5Slowmatic View Post
id rather keep this for all the city/traffic driving i do, id be shifting way to much
lies! lol I sit in traffic for like a half an hour a day barely inching foward, and when I was driving pizza's I'd drive over 100 miles every day.

You can't shift to much!?!?

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunktastic View Post
auto tranny go boom. not gonna see more then 150. any it will mostly be lost in the tranny anyway. and piggy backs are not very good. convert to obd1 and chip the ecu. much better option. in the end it wont be worth boosting it.
you cant convert an OBDII auto to OBDI, you have to piggyback
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 10-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Senoryandel is almost a somebodySenoryandel is almost a somebodySenoryandel is almost a somebodySenoryandel is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Guess you missed this thread? https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99696

There is no porting you can do to a manifold that will help it without cutting open the plenum. Don't mess with it. You'll lose low end and gain nothing up top.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

what does that ^ have to do with anything in this thread
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoryandel View Post
Guess you missed this thread? https://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99696

There is no porting you can do to a manifold that will help it without cutting open the plenum. Don't mess with it. You'll lose low end and gain nothing up top.
what does any of this have to with this topic in this thread. your post and link do have anything in commom with eachother let alone with this thread
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoryandel View Post

no i saw that thread but it really has nothing to do with me except the power levels, and i plan to cut open the plenum for porting, already working on doing a z6 one, i have a thread in engine building about it
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

Quote:
yeah but the OBDII motors have to use a piggyback of some sort, im going to use the emanage or emanage ultimate

lvl10 has stuff but my god its outrageous

they can take more than that you just need to run a trans cooler. There someone here running one on an A6/Y8 mini-me with nitrous running 13's. I honestly dont want to go 5spd, id rather keep this for all the city/traffic driving i do, id be shifting way to much
hey as far as a piggy back unit use the aem f/ic thats what im using...in fact im taking it out and going to use a aem ems....if you want ill sell ya the piggy back and wired harness....

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Well?

hmmm f/ic, ill have to research that. if ti seems good ill hit ya up bout that man
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
This is purely hypothetical but if i were to boost the auto what turbo you all recommend? Mods will be a bisi cam of either the level1 or custom, ported Y8 manifold and probably a 2.25in exhuast with maybe a cutout not sure yet. Ive been leaning towards either a t25 or t3 .45trim not sure yet. im lookin to make maybe 170hp and no more than probably 7 or 8psi. Id like to have full spool by about 3500. I want the quick spool obv. cuz of the auto. It needs to be AC and PS compatible aswell.
youll be wanting more power cause with an automatic you cannot feel much power. better to convert to manual first then boost after
4dek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Well?

damn just looked that up, what version you got? that thing seems way better than the emanage ultimate and cheaper too
Quote:

DIY Ice Box Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
turbo, turbo automatic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in