Highest Hp non-vtec - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Highest Hp non-vtec

Has anybody hit 400hp on a non vtec set-up? Had me wondering. I was going to go for it over the winter. Right now I'm at [email protected] on a 57trim T3/T4 on a y7 with eagle/vitara combo. I was going to get a bisi cam and upgrade the turbo. Thinking about a SC61 and turning up the boost. I actually have a z6 head at the house, but I'm going to be stubborn and go for it.
1cam less is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifes short, drive fast!

Rep Power: 19 Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Max713 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

yep, plenty have people have seen over the 400 mark without vtaaaak. in fact some prefer it without

EDIT: I stand corrected, some who I thought were non vtec actually are, i can find anybody, i thought i remembered a guy with an a6 hittin around 415whp...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GO-AUTOWORKS.COM - The one and only, best of the Honda world!
No longer a D owner, but forever a D member

Last edited by Max713; 10-28-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Max713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

VTEC only gives you so much man.

Whats the highest HP achieved with an N/A D16?
Without using Nitrous of course.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU DON'T NEED A CAMBER KIT YOU NEED AN ALIGNMENT.
DarkCreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

340?? Wow.

Well, Good Luck...

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anybody on here by chance over 400 w/o vtec? If so what turbo and how much boost
Old 10-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreep View Post

i don't think i've ever seen anything over like 150~160
Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cam less View Post
Anybody on here by chance over 400 w/o vtec? If so what turbo and how much boost
its not hard. just use a ported y7 head with a good cam and youll get it no problem
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
i am pretty sure DarkCreep was refering to bisi with this one.. bisi doesn't use vtec in his set-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cam less View Post
Has anybody hit 400hp on a non vtec set-up?
as far as i know, no. but they are all close. mos don't stick with it or do head work. they just keep cranking the boost. if your going to go for the big numbers, get a big cam. just make sure you follow up the big cam with some good head work.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

From what I've been told, you have the highest HP non vtec SOHC setups. I was actually searching for your user name this past weekend. A few people wanted more details on your setup.
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i read in a thread couple months ago about someone w/o v-tec hitting like 380ish....forgot who it was tho....

Y8pwrdEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Set-up as follows

Stock y7 head w/ valvetrain Skunk2 IM B16TB
3Bar map
Greddy profec-b old style
rc750 injectors
autoworks a/c turbokit w/ log mani
2.5"-3" Dp ebay 3" catback
57trim T3/T4 turbo w/ 38mm tial (14lb.spring)
innovative trans and motor mounts
XTD stage 4 clutch and flywheel
eagle/vitara combo 75mm
arp head studs oem headgasket
tuned on crome
268hp/[email protected] pump
340/[email protected] 116race

Think thats it. May be forgetting something
Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hey greg, do you sell a turbo thats about the size of an SC61? I was looking at your site and saw the T3 60-1. Anyone with a D you know that's running one?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

i think if you switch to a cast manifold if your worried about AC or something better you will see a pretty decent gain. The SS log like you have is a really nice piece but only so far. Id also look into a bisi 1.2 cam for no/minimal head work or a 2.4 for a worked head. With the cam alone you could probably see a really nice gain.
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

There was a guy that put down 395 on a A6 a few weeks ago so its possible and this was with stock cam good luck on it though. But like Pat said big cam and some head work will do you good

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 12 ericp72 is learning the way of the Dericp72 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

there's the old non vtec setup of my car

Last edited by ericp72; 10-28-2008 at 09:50 PM.
ericp72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 DarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to allDarkCreep is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
My friend hit 177HP ALL motor. That beast would chirp from 1 to 3rd.
He blew it with an accidental downshift and swapped to a B16A2, then to an H22 Euro.

That was the B16 I ALMOST bought.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Quote:

coming from a guy who needs other people to make him a list on what to buy for his car STFU. you got a lot to learn before you make suggestions here.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2

Last edited by greasemonkey89; 10-29-2008 at 12:13 AM.
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!

its been done but they just hardly ever post on forums. trust me its possible

Old 10-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalrex View Post
coming from a guy who need other people to make him a list on what to buy from his car STFU. you got a lot to learn before you make suggestion here.
Seriously, SOHC VTEC only does so much.

But prove me wrong, one way to learn.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Quote:
Seriously, SOHC VTEC only does so much.

But prove me wrong, one way to learn.
trust me i don't advocate vtec lmao. vtec is overrated in the sohc world and im not going to explain myself when there is mountains of info in this site. vtec is all about preference in the sohc game in my opinion. there are many pro's and many con's of vtec and non vtec set-up's. if you still don't know im not the one to teach you. im just not in the mood to spoon feed you any info at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in