Anyone ever boosted a B? post here - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default Anyone ever boosted a B? post here

wow, i havent posted here in a while ever since i got my g35, but anyways, long story short, i want to boost another honda.

I've already boosted my D that i had before, and not only boosted it but had it fully built. It was fun while it lasted but unfortunately because of my engine builder, it didnt last very long.

but i moved to northern IL and the winters up here suck so instead of putting my g35 in the ditch, i would like to buy a winter beater, and i would like to buy one which contains the motor that i will later boost. The motor will eventually be a drag race only motor, so here is my question..

Which honda motor is best to boost if you have the money to do it?

D16z6
D16y8
D16zc
B18
B18A
B18B
B18C
B16
F series?
H series?

thanks guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 psi pull....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me and my Dad's new G35's (mines the coupe):

94z6ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 txdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enoughtxdohczc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

DOHC ZC
txdohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Hey, where are you been Bro, I remember your problems with your last D.

choose any D engine, and find a good builder.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

the choice is really upto you.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 justinCO will become famous soon enoughjustinCO will become famous soon enoughjustinCO will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to justinCO

If money is not an issue I would say b18c.

I had a low boosted GSR years ago before my D, I would take that in a heartbeat over my D any day if money was not an issue heh.

Justin

|

site:
--- pics:
justinCO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 OneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagleOneCam is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

if you got the money. you want the highest HP. Boost a K, B, or J Series.

Will definitely bring a grin to your face if you're building it and shooting for big numbers. Because well i'm pretty sure everyone of those could easily achieve 800+whp.
OneCam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

from best/easiest to worst, imho, for boost:

B18C
F22A
D16Z
F22B
D16Y
H22A
B18B
B18A
H23
F23
C-series

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all94z6ex is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit88 View Post
Hey, where are you been Bro, I remember your problems with your last D.

choose any D engine, and find a good builder.
well, i got a new job and bught a g35. i came here everyonce in a while to post pics of the g for you guys to see.....

But yeah, i had lots of problems with the old d because of my engine builder not doing it right.....i mean when a thrust bearing falls out, somethings not right.

but i remember when you were just getting your setup going and you just broke into the 13's. i see now your in the 11's and going for better.....CONGRATS!! thats freaking awsome

4 psi pull....

Old 10-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

well, heres the thing.....money isnt a problem at all,, but right now when i say a beat, i mean i really want a beater, so if it were to be a b-series, it would probably be a first gen integra. is there any real differences between the motors in the LS integras from 90-93. i know the 90 and 91 is a b18 and the 92 and 93 are b18a's

which is better out of them?

thanks for the help guys! thats why i love this forum, lots of help from great people and it comes really fast!

4 psi pull....

Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94z6ex View Post
well, heres the thing.....money isnt a problem at all,, but right now when i say a beat, i mean i really want a beater, so if it were to be a b-series, it would probably be a first gen integra. is there any real differences between the motors in the LS integras from 90-93. i know the 90 and 91 is a b18 and the 92 and 93 are b18a's

which is better out of them?

thanks for the help guys! thats why i love this forum, lots of help from great people and it comes really fast!
90-91 are obd0
92-93 are obd1 and my honda of choice.

i got a b18b now that i plan on boosting. Ive always been a fan of the ls.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
from best/easiest to worst, imho, for boost:

B18C
F22A
D16Z
F22B
D16Y
H22A
B18B
B18A
H23
F23
C-series
wow, thats an interesting order. Ive always heard people say that the ls motor (b18a and b) was the boost monster of hondas. whats your reason for putting it so low? does it just not respond well to boost (am i gonna have to run 18psi just to get 300+whp)? or harder to get parts for?

4 psi pull....

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
so if it were to be a b-series, it would probably be a first gen integra. is there any real differences between the motors in the LS integras from 90-93. i know the 90 and 91 is a b18 and the 92 and 93 are b18a's
all the 2g tegs were b18a's, minus the gsr which was a b17. anywho.. the cams are crap in the b18a. toss some b18b cams in a b18a, the power will bump a solid 15% when boosted with no tuning changes. been there done that in my old DB1 (2g teg 4dr).

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
90-91 are obd0
92-93 are obd1 and my honda of choice.

i got a b18b now that i plan on boosting. Ive always been a fan of the ls.
well, if i plan on putting the motor in an obd1 car (92-95 hatch), and using a different ecu (probably the p28. ) tuned with crome pro, what else needs to be done besides the dizzy to make it compatible and not obd0 anymore?

4 psi pull....

Last edited by 94z6ex; 10-28-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Quote:
well, if i plan on putting the motor in an obd1 car (92-95 hatch), and using a different ecu (probably the p28 ) tuned with crome pro, what else needs to be done besides the dizzy to make it compatible and not obd0 anymore?
i at one point had to pull a motor from a 91 to put it into my 93 i just swapped the intake manifolds and everything was fine.

also heres an article on a b18b. and yes b18a cams are shit.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...jdm/index.html

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
all the 2g tegs were b18a's, minus the gsr which was a b17. anywho.. the cams are crap in the b18a. toss some b18b cams in a b18a, the power will bump a solid 15% when boosted with no tuning changes. been there done that in my old DB1 (2g teg 4dr).
oh man.....trust me, stock cams wont be left in there anyway. this motor will be fully built and ported, including sleeves!

4 psi pull....

Old 10-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
90-91 are obd0
92-93 are obd1
forgot about that part, lol.

Quote:
wow, thats an interesting order. Ive always heard people say that the ls motor (b18a and b) was the boost monster of hondas. whats your reason for putting it so low? does it just not respond well to boost (am i gonna have to run 18psi just to get 300+whp)? or harder to get parts for?
they run out of breath in the top end. notice that i threw "easiest" in there with the slash after "best". the amount of work required to reach say 250 whp, is by far easier with a single stick or vtec b-series.

i rated the f22a's so high, cause its easy and cheap to reach 250 whp. just have to find a nice 2g dsm to rob stuff off of. h22a was rated lower due to the cylinder walls. i just do not trust them in any form past NA form. the h23 and f23 are both weak rod motors. the c-series is just not easy at all.

Quote:
oh man.....trust me, stock cams wont be left in there anyway. this motor will be fully built and ported, including sleeves!
if your going to fully build the thing with sleeves, h22a will be the top moster to do. its going to cost a lot, but will net you the absolute most power out of all the engines you listed. mind you i am not going to consider a k-series, since your going to want to be able to actually sell the chassis one day. lol.

Last edited by 99EJ6T; 10-28-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
forgot about that part, lol.

they run out of breath in the top end. notice that i threw "easiest" in there with the slash after "best". the amount of work required to reach say 250 whp, is by far easier with a single stick or vtec b-series.

i rated the f22a's so high, cause its easy and cheap to reach 250 whp. just have to find a nice 2g dsm to rob stuff off of. h22a was rated lower due to the cylinder walls. i just do not trust them in any form past NA form. the h23 and f23 are both weak rod motors. the c-series is just not easy at all.
well, with a ported head i think pulling on top end will be less of a problem.

i see what your saying though, and i appreciate your input.

my goal i think is going to be around 500whp......is that acheivable with a b18 a or b?

4 psi pull....

Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
well, with a ported head i think pulling on top end will be less of a problem.
you can only port so much....

Quote:
i see what your saying though, and i appreciate your input.
its just a drop in the bucket if you don't use it.

Quote:
my goal i think is going to be around 500whp......is that acheivable with a b18 a or b?
b18b, yes. the b18a (obd0) will require a lot more work then the b18b. if your going to go for 500, you should really consider a b18c or a "ls/vtec" set-up.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

If you're a baller and money is not an issue then a K. Fuck the bullshit, go straight to the top.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
If you're a baller and money is not an issue then a K. Fuck the bullshit, go straight to the top.
i like where your mind is, but idk if i would consider the k to be the top dog yet. i know they respond very very well to power adders and mods. i think that the current swap stuff on the market is not up to the task of handling the power of a k in a 88-00 civic or 90-01 teg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in